Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
It didn't actually hit the parked cars. Did destroy those trash cans, tho.

Amazingly, the car pulls to the side and stops. Observers believed that would be the autopilot safety function kicking in.

Wouldn't the renter have access to the guy's license and credit?

-Crissa

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
I drove over that hill about 5 years ago to scare my aunts from Florida, IT"S CRAZY STEEP! Back then it was a 2 way street. But the city re routed it a couple of years ago because it's so crazy. Now, it's one way streets, downhill only in both directions, from the intersection where the crowd was standing at the top of the hill. If you look closely, you can see an arrow pointing downhill on the street the kid launched from. So he started off driving up in the wrong direction on a one way street.
Also, the Tesla did end up hitting a parked Subaru at the end.
This was the craziest crap I've ever seen. Here's a link to the original video I posted the other day on the thread about Turo. It's where the news is getting all those videos from. This scared the crap outta the kid shooting the video. FOR GOOD REASON!!!!
Here's his video from Saturday night when this all went down. It's pretty crazy hearing his discription of the events. One part that is particularly funny is his discription of the idiot in the back seat with his arm hanging out as they went for the jump. It's at 7:32 of this video:
Sponsored