Tesla Semi To Begin Deliveries Dec 1st! Pepsi is First Customer.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag

I know some might say, "how is this relevant". They have to have this on the road first. CHEERS! 🍻
Sponsored

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Still no Semi tri-motor specs or powertrain schematics how the Semi uses all its energy. Semi with Biden IRA $45k USD credit, it seems destined to GigaAustin. GigaNV produced 5 Semi’s per wk, IIRC.

I’m real curious about a Shorty McSemi which looks like a Semi scaled down without the roof mounted wind deflector shield attached. Its throwing class5–7 vibes as well as van, bus and box memes.

Those last three hit all the numbers for making big CO2 impacts against M.B.S. diesel, asthma and slash inflationary petroleum consumption.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Checking Google, the heavy truck market is worth 200 billion per year. I have no idea how much of that is for Semi's.

But if we sell 50,000 units at say $160,000.. it 8 Billion or 4%

Does anyone have an idea on this? What is the potential yearly volume for the Tesla Semi ? is it the 50,000 to 100,000 as I have often seen repeated?

I suspect it's in the 500,000 range - am I way out ?

in AU Linfox has just introduced 2 Volvo EV Semi in its fleet. Just skimmed the article.. Volvo have 75 trucks worldwide. Of course, there's probably Mercedes etc.

I guess its all new for everyone... but Tesla as usual seems to be far ahead in terms of specs and price point.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Checking Google, the heavy truck market is worth 200 billion per year. I have no idea how much of that is for Semi's.

But if we sell 50,000 units at say $160,000.. it 8 Billion or 4%

Does anyone have an idea on this? What is the potential yearly volume for the Tesla Semi ? is it the 50,000 to 100,000 as I have often seen repeated?

I suspect it's in the 500,000 range - am I way out ?

in AU Linfox has just introduced 2 Volvo EV Semi in its fleet. Just skimmed the article.. Volvo have 75 trucks worldwide. Of course, there's probably Mercedes etc.

I guess its all new for everyone... but Tesla as usual seems to be far ahead in terms of specs and price point.
I’m not sure where they will make the semi. It would take a pretty big line to build 500,000 semis/ year. If that is coming, it’s going to be a while. I suspect it will be in much more moderate volume for some time to come. Unlikes the Cybertruck, they can make the semi in fairly small volume and make a decent profit.

Mostly just thinking timing here. Maybe in 2-3 years they ramp semi up to bigger volume, but that means another giga factory I think.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I know some might say, "how is this relevant". They have to have this on the road first. CHEERS! 🍻
If they are rolling the semi, I suspect that means 4680 production is ramping up. It’s possible they produce the semi with 2170s, but I kind of think not.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I’m not sure where they will make the semi. It would take a pretty big line to build 500,000 semis/ year. If that is coming, it’s going to be a while. I suspect it will be in much more moderate volume for some time to come. Unlikes the Cybertruck, they can make the semi in fairly small volume and make a decent profit.

Mostly just thinking timing here. Maybe in 2-3 years they ramp semi up to bigger volume, but that means another giga factory I think.
Tesla built a factory in Nevada to produce semi. It's next door to the giga factory. I think plan is 5 trucks a week from that line. Perhaps the giga Texas expansion is semi line? I had assumed expansion was roadster.

Last edited:

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I had assumed expansion was Cybertruck to the moon.

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
Buy now, stock spike incoming.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Tesla built a factory in Nevada to produce semi. It's next door to the giga factory. I think plan is 5 trucks a week from that line. Perhaps the giga Texas expansion is semi line? I had assumed expansion was roadster.
Tesla has stated that eventually they'll build the Semi in Austin, but not until the factory is full tilt with batteries. Until then, it's Nevada.
Yeah, I was just thinking about that 500k number. They don’t have facilities to produce even 100k/ year. Nevada producing 2,000/ year is fully believable. I’m a little skeptical they can get big production in Texas and produce Cybertrucks in volume plus the Model Y expansion they are considering. Not without another expansion.

If they can get all three produced in volume out of Texas… that would be impressive.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Yeah, I was just thinking about that 500k number. They don’t have facilities to produce even 100k/ year. Nevada producing 2,000/ year is fully believable. I’m a little skeptical they can get big production in Texas and produce Cybertrucks in volume plus the Model Y expansion they are considering. Not without another expansion.

If they can get all three produced in volume out of Texas… that would be impressive.
They got a lot of land still in Texas. Would be surprised to see them expand on the materials lot as main property finishes.
Sponsored