Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
CT BEV Design
Yes
CT is a total re design of the so called truck. CT is not a truck it is more like a El Camino or a car / truck with the best BEV design under the hood
Ford gm Chrysler are all building ICE trucks with the gas tanks removed and a few electric motors shoved in.
Problem
These ICE companies are not Truck or car design companies and spend no or very little money on R&D. ICE money goes to Ads and PR not car design and you can not build BEVs without dumping $ Billions in BEV design.
Truth
Ford gm and Chrysler can not build BEV cars or trucks where Tesla can and will.
It is better for Tesla CT to come out and Ford gm and Chrysler copy a winner and clone the CT than to let ICE companies rip out gas tanks and shove in electric motors.
I played with the Cybertruck image and lowered it awhile back. Makes me want to call my CT "EL CAMINO". This El Camino also has up to 16" of ground clearance, 4 doors without handles, and a vault!

Tesla Cybertruck TESLA SHOULD CANCEL THE CYBERTRUCK frontlowered

El Camino as in this trailer:
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I played with the Cybertruck image and lowered it awhile back. Makes me want to call my CT "EL CAMINO". This El Camino also has up to 16" of ground clearance, 4 doors without handles, and a vault!

frontlowered.jpg

El Camino as in this trailer:
Hopefully that will be possible with stock setup. They we can all roll to the low rider song.

all my friends gotta low rider

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Bezos…. Is that you again you little stinker. Don’t worry, we will all probably be buying stainless steel polish on Amazon so you will still make some profit.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
75 more than Cybertruck’s that are being produced.
Aside from being first to market (which doesn’t mean much at their extremely low volume) name one significant feature that the R1T has better than the CT. And no one cares about a flashlight in the door or a secret compartment behind the seat. I am talking about capabilities and actual performance.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
I was hoping someone with smaller order# to cancel his/her order, so I can get mine CT earlier. BWT, anyone dislike Rivian's head lights?
The R1T truck is not my style for sure. The headlights feel like a kids anime movie to me. I really don’t feel like much of their target demographic of late 30 somethings can afford the product. The CT is pretty polarizing with looks too, but I don’t know if it necessarily has a target age group.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Except Bitcoin is pretty much a pyramid scheme. So they were right.

-Crissa
Right, this generation went straight past online poker to just give me the coin to gamble with.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
CT BEV Design
Yes
CT is a total re design of the so called truck. CT is not a truck it is more like a El Camino or a car / truck with the best BEV design under the hood
Ford gm Chrysler are all building ICE trucks with the gas tanks removed and a few electric motors shoved in.
Problem
These ICE companies are not Truck or car design companies and spend no or very little money on R&D. ICE money goes to Ads and PR not car design and you can not build BEVs without dumping $ Billions in BEV design.
Truth
Ford gm and Chrysler can not build BEV cars or trucks where Tesla can and will.
It is better for Tesla CT to come out and Ford gm and Chrysler copy a winner and clone the CT than to let ICE companies rip out gas tanks and shove in electric motors.

ghj.jpg
It’s funny to me that over the years you hear American car manufacturers whine and complain about not having enough money to keep the doors open but all of a sudden they have billions to start née plants and to compete with Tesla. Sounds like a government agency. Constantly with their hand out for more money with no competition and now that the competition is fierce they now have to act like a performance based company and open those deep pockets to get their act together.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Aside from being first to market (which doesn’t mean much at their extremely low volume) name one significant feature that the R1T has better than the CT. And no one cares about a flashlight in the door or a secret compartment behind the seat. I am talking about capabilities and actual performance.
Well, four wheel positive traction control. If you don't want to mention their nice storage compartments which are different instead of better than Tesla's. There's also backwards compatibility with cargo racks, tents, etc. It's also a foot and a half shorter.

That might be important to some people.

The headlights feel like a kids anime movie to me.
Have you looked at the Cybertruck?

-Crissa

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
1)Nicer looking
2)More DOF in the torque vectoring
3)Flashlight in door
4)Nicer interior
5)More color choices
6)Camp kitchen
7)Better service (don't see how it could be worse than Tesla's)

TruckDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri-motor
Country flag
Looks like a Honda Ridgeline, but comes with a free flashlight in the door, don't forget about the flashlight.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I can use normal truck accessories.
Loading unloading over the sidewall is easier.
I do like the Chunnel
A lot of people still don’t like the look of the Cybertruck.
Size is closer to what I’d like.

Cant say these are super important to me, but I can see others might value those things.

If the base Rivian were $20,000 less expensive even as a 2 motor AWD it would be a very tough call and I might pick the Rivian. (If the Cybertruck were $20,000 more expensive it wouldn’t make the Rivian more appealing, I’d just drop out of the truck market).

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The sidewall looks too tall to load over. I don't get this argument. Are Rivians shorter than the average truck now?

-Crissa
I’ve loaded quite a bit over the side. Usually lighter things you want up near the cab. If you are loading boxes often it’s easier to lift them over the side then climb up into the bed and carry them to the front. You can also stand in the bed and unload over the edge. Also, if you are at a yard and garden shop, often they will load up gravel or gravel/ bark by dumping it over the side of the bed.

The Rivian also has an adjustable air suspension so it can also get it’s sides pretty low and level. (I know, the CY has this too, but the CT sides are ~15” taller at the cabin).

As I said above, this is not a huge deal for me, just concerns I’ve had thinking about the Cybertruck Based on owning a truck.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I always just slid things up from the back. Why climb in unless you're stacking, and if you're stacking, might as well already be in the bed.

The gear tunnel or wings kinda removes the need for all that, as does the load cover.

-Crissa
Sponsored