Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 LR
Occupation
Landscaper
Country flag
What is Rivian's production? Like 75 trucks a month?

They all really have a huge head start. Tesla is a bust. Everybody, cancel your order NOW.

Order#11282xxxx
I was hoping someone with smaller order# to cancel his/her order, so I can get mine CT earlier. BWT, anyone dislike Rivian's head lights?
Sponsored

swengl

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model Y
Country flag
The appearance of the beta truck makes me wonder if they pulled the specs in preparation for some bigger changes and maybe an announcement. The earnings call coming up might have more news. Weird venue for news but it isn’t unprecedented.
Tesla/Musk are pretty unconventional when it comes to leaking details (can you imagine the Big 3 using Twitter for announcements?). I hope you are right. I really, really want the CT to be a success/worth buying. I've owned an S for 6.5 years and I love it and want to replace it with the CT.

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I was hoping someone with smaller order# to cancel his/her order, so I can get mine CT earlier. BWT, anyone dislike Rivian's head lights?
They look weird, more like a robot than a vehicle to me.

And unlike the Cybertruck the looks (of the headlights) haven't grown on me.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Tesla/Musk are pretty unconventional when it comes to leaking details (can you imagine the Big 3 using Twitter for announcements?). I hope you are right. I really, really want the CT to be a success/worth buying. I've owned an S for 6.5 years and I love it and want to replace it with the CT.
Yep. Musk loves buzz. An advertisement costs money, a good leak travels for free.

Seems like the timing of a beta truck being in the wild right after the web changes is likely not coincidental.

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yep. Musk loves buzz. An advertisement costs money, a good leak travels for free.

Seems like the timing of a beta truck being in the wild right after the web changes is likely not coincidental.
Spot on!

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Under 'current law'. NHTSA is studying using cameras in place of side mirrors.

By the time CT is in production the law may be changed by then.
Or, if I ever get pulled over I tell the cop it fell off and I was just heading home to put it back on.

“Just keeps falling of. Everyone knows how bad Tesla quality control is officer. Just look at the inconsistent panel gaps on this thing.”

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Or, if I ever get pulled over I tell the cop it fell off and I was just heading home to put it back on.

“Just keeps falling of. Everyone knows how bad Tesla quality control is officer. Just look at the inconsistent panel gaps on this thing.”
Just shine a small patch on each side, look… mirrors.

Rocwurst

First Name
Roc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Itsubishi Triton dual cab 4WD
Country flag
Methinks that the 1-2 million preorders for the Cybertruck says this article is completely out of touch with reality.

Does he seriously believe the $112,000 top-of-the range Hummer is competitive with the top of the range Cybertruck Trimotor at $69k? The base Cybertruck starts at $39K compared to $80K for the cheapest Hummer. That’s a big differential to overcome.

The F-150 is certainly more competitive in terms of base model price, but it is missing a heck of a lot of features at that base price that come standard with the Cybertruck.

There is the laundry list of innovative Cybertruck features that every truck and off-road vehicle owner would dearly love to have:
- built-in ramp
- built-in air compressor
- flat, sealed armoured bottom
- vehicle floats in water with propulsion from wheel spin (for a while)
- Extremely high ground clearance (16”)
- “Baja-class” suspension
- best-in-class approach and departure angles
- 3mm bullet-proof, dent-proof, scratch-proof, rust-proof cold-rolled hardened stainless steel body
- Exoskeleton no-twist, no-chassis body construction
- multiple secure storage locations (100 cubic feet)
- automatic secure, rolling tonneau cover
- industry-leading Auto-Pilot and rapidly maturing Full Self Driving that doesn’t only work on a few highways
- Built-in Solar panel on rear vault cover generating up to 15 miles of range per day (optional)
- 14,000 lbs (6.3 tons) towing capacity
- 3,500 lb (1.6 ton) payload capacity
- 6.5ft (2m) bed length compared to a much shorter bed on the Hummer
- high efficiency Heat Pump heating and cooling
- more streamlined body (lower CoF)
- largest network of Supercharger stations worldwide
- significantly greater range (eg. 500 miles vs 350 miles for the Hummer)

And the no-frilly plastic bits, Lamborghini Zombie-Apocalypse aesthetic grows on you and is perfect for blokes who don’t want to drive around in your average dent-if-you-lean-on-it conventional truck.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Methinks that the 1-2 million preorders for the Cybertruck says this article is completely out of touch with reality.
What you have to realize is the author and many like him fully believe Tesla cannot make the Cybertruck for the prices they listed and never intended to. Nor do they think Tesla was going to hit the specs they announced.

In this guy’s head (and indeed many other auto journalists and enthusiasts heads), the Cybertruck was always an elaborate farce. Either a literal joke, some kind of giant engineering malfunction, or pipe dream of Elon’s.

Removing the prices from the site was exactly the ammunition they needed to fire off their FUD bomb.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
It seems to me almost all of youtube posts and articles I read are written by folks that comb through forums like this and comments on other youtube posts and do the numbers on what gets the most reactions then they selectively recycle some of the comments as their own thought to get maximum reaction. Finding an original insightful thought out there requires looking for a needle in haystack. Advertising algorithm has corrupted all contents. Almost 2 million frustrated CT reservation holders that have nothing real to talk about is easy money for these folks. They are trying to hit us while we are down. I rather see posts on Aluminum-air batteries or something that educates me than something that is obviously designed to piss me off. Let's not be used by the small minded.

p.s. No disrespect to OP. I was just referring to the article itself.
Sponsored

Last edited: