Tesla shouldn't/won't do campers like the past. Think Mars habitats. Inflatable.

Erleichda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, X, 3 and Sprinter Van
Country flag
Think about it: Tesla has cross pollination with SpaceX. The Mars/Moon goals are clearly stated. The engineering parameters for habitats would include weight, space, durability, energy efficiency...a NASA persons dream project. Let's think outside the box. What would those SpaceX engineers design for a Cybertruck Mars Rover? That's where the camping/overlanding options should consider. It's mostly inflatable tech, lighter yet more spacious, with hard structured bases. Kinda like the OPUS campers. I really think this is the way to go for the CT. An idea thread:

Tesla Cybertruck Tesla shouldn't/won't do campers like the past.  Think Mars habitats.  Inflatable. 1628216551842

Tesla Cybertruck Tesla shouldn't/won't do campers like the past.  Think Mars habitats.  Inflatable. 1628216832563

Tesla Cybertruck Tesla shouldn't/won't do campers like the past.  Think Mars habitats.  Inflatable. 1628216794424

Tesla Cybertruck Tesla shouldn't/won't do campers like the past.  Think Mars habitats.  Inflatable. 1628217115145

Tesla Cybertruck Tesla shouldn't/won't do campers like the past.  Think Mars habitats.  Inflatable. 1628217208913
Tesla Cybertruck Tesla shouldn't/won't do campers like the past.  Think Mars habitats.  Inflatable. 1628217243381
Tesla Cybertruck Tesla shouldn't/won't do campers like the past.  Think Mars habitats.  Inflatable. 1628217252992

Tesla Cybertruck Tesla shouldn't/won't do campers like the past.  Think Mars habitats.  Inflatable. 1628217289569
Tesla Cybertruck Tesla shouldn't/won't do campers like the past.  Think Mars habitats.  Inflatable. 1628217326075

Tesla Cybertruck Tesla shouldn't/won't do campers like the past.  Think Mars habitats.  Inflatable. 1628217338846

Tesla Cybertruck Tesla shouldn't/won't do campers like the past.  Think Mars habitats.  Inflatable. 1628217373575

Tesla Cybertruck Tesla shouldn't/won't do campers like the past.  Think Mars habitats.  Inflatable. 1628216413985
Sponsored

Rio

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Titan
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck Tesla shouldn't/won't do campers like the past.  Think Mars habitats.  Inflatable. 4588E082-929F-43BC-8CB0-F4403EC3085C

This is an air beam tent. No poles, very rigid. Picture something like this that can be easily inflated with the on-board compressor. Even mattresses and chairs and couches could be quickly inflated. Power for appliances and lighting could easily come from the truck. Perhaps even HVAC. All could easily fit into the vault. No additional drag and minimal weight compared to a rigid camper. The top could even be fit with flexible solar panels to feed energy back into the battery.

tmeyer3

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Wrangler, Tractors
Occupation
Computer Scientist
Country flag
Oh, fun thread!! I love tent trailers, super convenient.
This thing would be pretty cool:
Tesla Cybertruck Tesla shouldn't/won't do campers like the past.  Think Mars habitats.  Inflatable. polydrops-1614786385

Polydrop
Full solar and batteries. A tad tiny though. Could use some inflatables, shade, etc.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I strongly suspect Tesla isn't putting their top engineers on camping equipment. Most likely this is going to be an outsourced option.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
There is a company called Alpha Motors which purports to be an EV company, but from what I can tell it's mostly just good at making interesting looking renders. Anyhow... they also do these "Partnerships" and one of them is with a company called Heimplanet. Here is a render of their "Alpha Wolf" truck with a Heimplanet Cloudbreak tent. Very much like what you are suggesting.

Tesla Cybertruck Tesla shouldn't/won't do campers like the past.  Think Mars habitats.  Inflatable. Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 3.53.10 PM

Edit: Heimplanet *is* a real company which sells inflatable tents.

Last edited:

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I really like the idea of using the air compressor for pitching a tent. And if the system was well designed on a trailer or out the CT bed it would be even cooler. I'm getting too old for sleeping on the ground with rocks and other bumps poking into me. Now if we could only design a system for automagically folding deflating and folding everything back up so that one could break camp in mere minutes.

OP
OP

Erleichda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, X, 3 and Sprinter Van
Country flag
There is a company called Alpha Motors which purports to be an EV company, but from what I can tell it's mostly just good at making interesting looking renders. Anyhow... they also do these "Partnerships" and one of them is with a company called Heimplanet. Here is a render of their "Alpha Wolf" truck with a Heimplanet Cloudbreak tent. Very much like what you are suggesting.

Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 3.53.10 PM.png

Edit: Heimplanet *is* a real company which sells inflatable tents.
Yep! I even emailed Heimplanet...no response though.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Now if we could only design a system for automagically folding deflating and folding everything back up so that one could break camp in mere minutes.
Perhaps there could be some synergy/tech transfer with the auto pilot team.....

Sponsored