Marcia Litsinger

First Name
Marcia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, Kia Nero hybrid, Cadillac Escalade.
Occupation
farmer
Country flag
There aren't enough skilled workers in northern Nevada for an additional giga factory. I wonder if they feel very confident in their ability to get Optimus to scale by the time the factory is built. If you have robots that can do the job then you need very few people overseeing things in an area that no one wants to live. This is the only way I see this as happening.
The skilled workers are moving here. I don't think 50 miles from Lake Tahoe and 25 miles from Reno is such an inhospitable place.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
The skilled workers are moving here. I don't think 50 miles from Lake Tahoe and 25 miles from Reno is such an inhospitable place.
Not trying to promote leaving California. But, for young working folks it's a possibility.

(The cost of living in Nevada vs. California is significant. Nevada is still 10.5% above the national average, but it's much cheaper than California.) No state income tax:Unlike California, Nevada doesn't have an income tax. That means you can save a ton on taxes that wouldn't be possible in California.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Not trying to promote leaving California. But, for young working folks it's a possibility.

(The cost of living in Nevada vs. California is significant. Nevada is still 10.5% above the national average, but it's much cheaper than California.) No state income tax:Unlike California, Nevada doesn't have an income tax. That means you can save a ton on taxes that wouldn't be possible in California.
how does that pan out when considering the other taxes where they derive their income (sales tax, etc) ?
Sponsored