Charles
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
What's to keep other EV owners from doing the same and clogging up availability
Since the CT will have a Reese type hitch on the back I plan to carry a set of chains like the rollbacks carry to assist asshats in removing their vehicles from charger spots if they don't belong there or are not plugged into it.
The last time I was at the local Love's Truck Stop (the closest Tesla chargers to me) there were a couple of ICE vehicles parked in the spaces. It didn't help that they installed the chargers right next to the Wendy's and that is just too tempting for the fat, lazy slobs that can't walk from the regular parking area.
Advertisement

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Since the CT will have a Reese type hitch on the back I plan to carry a set of chains like the rollbacks carry to assist asshats in removing their vehicles from charger spots if they don't belong there or are not plugged into it.
The last time I was at the local Love's Truck Stop (the closest Tesla chargers to me) there were a couple of ICE vehicles parked in the spaces. It didn't help that they installed the chargers right next to the Wendy's and that is just too tempting for the fat, lazy slobs that can't walk from the regular parking area.
Yeah, gotta install the chargers in places where people are less likely to poach the spots. Having charging stalls in primo locations to "Reward" EV owners is almost the reverse. I'd just as soon walk a little further and worry less about having the spot filled.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
It's usually less to 'reward' so much as 'it's closer to the power drop'.

-Crissa
Yeah, install costs next to the building have to be a lot cheaper than if they have to drop a trench for power across 50 yards of parking lot.

LoneWolfO6

First Name
T
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3
Occupation
Retired Military
Country flag
How Much Revenue Will Tesla Make From Sharing Superchargers?

Tesla could stand to make $25 billion per year while helping the world's EV owners forget about range anxiety.

Just what Tesla needs is American Union built EV burning to the ground at Tesla Super Charger stations??!!!

The puns about the recall of the Chevrolet Bolt EV almost write themselves. Last week’s announcement by General MotorsGM that it was recalling some 73,000 Bolts at a cost of some $1 billion due to the possibility that the vehicles could catch on fire, is both embarrassing for the iconic automaker, and a warning that its plans to electrify all of the cars it sells by 2035 could, ahem, be going up in flames. Forbes 22 Aug 2021.

Advertisement

Advertisement