Tesla Will be advertising! (to some extent)

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Random dude in the shareholder meeting audience literally was like, yo, you should do ads.

Elon was like... huh, never thought of it like that.

Ok

From shareholder Q&A -- at about 1 hr 12 minutes in:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Tesla already does 'advertise' in the best way possible - by exemplifying substance and without the skimming leeching MSM. Tesla does not need the MSM and that's one of the best things I totally appreciate about Tesla.

- ÆCIII
Whelp, theyre gonna try it and find out

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
I wonder if that dude had a prior conversation on this with any of Tesla staff and got the greenlight that it is a good idea to share. If I was going to change direction and was worried about fans or some of the stockholders getting upset for spending money on ads, I would plant someone just like that in the audience. Now I am looking like a hero for listening to my people instead caving in and becoming just like any other manufacturer. Not saying I know this was the case here but it would make a better movie if it was.

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
Tesla has to put the word out. People in my family (sis-in-law especially) think that Teslas, at any time, will randomly gun the accelerator and cut the wheel hard right jumping you off an overpass.
I'm serious. The first time she got in the car she was visibly anxious and the warning chimes didn't help.

She's super intelligent and has the facts, but she just won't trust BEVs, especially Teslas. Then combine that with the fact that she doesn't see a difference between the Tesla charging network and the other charging networks, it's just one big no go

Their family is due for a new car since their 12 year old Pilot is looking pretty sad. They make really good money and can, quite literally, buy whatever they want. They're looking at Toyota hybrids :(. Even after rides in the Tesla and knowing how easy it is to charge the negative press has her fooled. Tesla needs to attack common advertising channels.

Last edited:

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Tesla has to put the word out. People in my family (sis-in-law especially) think that Teslas, at any time, will randomly gun the accelerator and cut the wheel hard right jumping you off an overpass.
I'm serious. The first time she got in the car she was visibly anxious and the warning chimes didn't help.

She's super intelligent and has the facts, but she just won't trust BEVs, especially Teslas. Then combine that with the fact that she doesn't see a difference between the Tesla charging network and the other charging networks, it's just one big no go

Their family is due for a new car since their 12 year old Pilot is looking pretty sad. They make really good money and can, quite literally, buy whatever they want. They're looking at Toyota hybrids :(. Even after rides in the Tesla and knowing how easy it is to charge the negative press has her fooled. Tesla needs to attack common advertising channels.
Yea, I do lyft and uber and you'd be surprised the number of people who think every charging stop takes like hours and all teslas cost 100k

Jstoltz54

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX450h, Model S
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Random dude in the shareholder meeting audience literally was like, yo, you should do ads.

Elon was like... huh, never thought of it like that.

Ok

From shareholder Q&A -- at about 1 hr 12 minutes in:

Agreed but, RealMeetKevin is hardly a “random guy”. He and Elon know each other fairly well.
‘I’m not a big to the advertising philosophy but can get behind educating the public on your product with humor. Sooo many talking points.
HW safety
SW safety
Cost controls (production, lifecycle, supply chain, etc)
Driving fun
Supercharger network
”The Tesla Team”
”The Tesla Social Groups”
The Tesla 10 year vision
Tesla Energy highlights (rollout, battery production, Arbitrage, VPP’s,
and on and on and on ….

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Agreed but, RealMeetKevin is hardly a “random guy”. He and Elon know each other fairly well.
‘I’m not a big to the advertising philosophy but can get behind educating the public on your product with humor. Sooo many talking points.
HW safety
SW safety
Cost controls (production, lifecycle, supply chain, etc)
Driving fun
Supercharger network
”The Tesla Team”
”The Tesla Social Groups”
The Tesla 10 year vision
Tesla Energy highlights (rollout, battery production, Arbitrage, VPP’s,
and on and on and on ….
Never heard of him.
It doesn't have to be traditional ads. Just something more than current I suppose.

Probs ads on Twitter tbh

Jstoltz54

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX450h, Model S
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Never heard of him.
It doesn't have to be traditional ads. Just something more than current I suppose.

Probs ads on Twitter tbh
‘Big on YT, I haven’t seen but a couple of his vids, not my thing but he shows 1.87M subscribers. 🤷

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
My wife still believes I will have 5 to 8 hours wait before being able to charge on long road trips. Even though she was with me on one from CA to Utah with zero wait times both directions,

Why? One of her best friends keeps telling her there will be waits and not to trust BEVs.

I guess my wife does not find me credible.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
I finally went back and found this part of the meeting. It is a very interesting question and answer. Here's the video cued up for that question. BTW, like someone suggested. The guy asking the question isn't just some random dude. He and Elon know each other, not only is he a highly subscribed YouTuber, but he was also one of the front-runners in last year's California election for Governor. Another funny thing is his name is not Kevin. :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
I finally went back and found this part of the meeting. It is a very interesting question and answer. Here's the video at that question. BTW, like someone suggested. The guy asking the question isn't just some random dude. He and Elon know each other, not only is he a highly subscribed YouTuber, but he was also one of the front-runners in last year's California election for Governor. Another funny thing is his name is not Kevin. :ROFLMAO:

Meet Kevin isn't Kevin? That's random

Also, how do they know eachother?

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Meet Kevin isn't Kevin? That's random

Also, how do they know eachother?
Boy do I feel dumb. For some reason I had heard and/or believed that has name was not Kevin. After your comment I did some research and found out I was wrong.
They have exchanged tweets. Elon has responded to tweets from Meet Kevin before. Oh heck I don't know. Maybe I'm wrong about that too. When Elon responded to the question, he did seem to know, or know who the guy was.
Now I'm really confused. o_O

In my best Roseanne Roseannadana voice: Nevermind.

Greshnab

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Software Arrchitect
Country flag
I don't understand why so many people are hung up on Tesla needing to advertise.

The purpose of adds is to increase sales.. .currently demand exceeds supply sales can NOT increase from adds till supply exceeds demand. Admittedly we ARE getting close to that point, current model y inventory IS increasing.. however that is mainly due to the price drop.. current inventory is more expensive than just ordering one off the line due to the price decrease but that will even out eventually.

bottom line.. till you have 10-15 weeks of inventory there is no need to advertise; certainly research it.. but don't invest till you need to actually increase sales!
Sponsored