Tesla wins Kelley Blue Book “Best Overall Luxury Brand” award for 3rd year running

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Didn’t know Elon owned “luxury” space, too. Kelly Blue Book is a consumer facing automotive pricing guide for the USA. Concurrently, Tesla received Kelly Blue Book “Best Value” and its “Most Refined “ award in addition to “Best Overall”. All three; awards in “Luxury“ class!

Any one award…ho hum. All three? A cynic who side-eyes awards as marketing in disguise, paid-for advertising, and especially coming from consumer facing source - signals disruption of a highest order.

Elon’s alien aesthetic earned the crowning achievement in automotive overall - “Luxury”. Tesla engineering eclipsed a century of automotive know-how winning “Most Refined”. And TSLA with manufacturing innovation, skill and vertical integration bests all of them on the bottomline - “Best Value“. Mercedes Benz, Cadillac, LI, NIO, Xpeng and others have to respect that the OEM standard of luxury is last century - ”alien” and “variants” are today’s automotive standard.
Sponsored

TruckDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri-motor
Country flag
Kelley Bluebook is showing private party sale at $12k above what I paid for the 2021 model Y 15 months ago, now with 21k miles.

Trade-in $8k above.

Bought another Tesla due in 10 days, can't afford not to.

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
Tesla's are in a class of their own, in my opinion. I've never driven such an exceptional car. Completely "next-gen".

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Kelley Bluebook is showing private party sale at $12k above what I paid for the 2021 model Y 15 months ago, now with 21k miles.

Trade-in $8k above.

Bought another Tesla due in 10 days, can't afford not to.
This is what I had been hoping to do when I made my 2nd reservation about 10 months after my first one, I Reserved the night of the reveal. My hope is that I could sell the first one with enough profit to cover an upgrade from Dual to Tri. All I really want is 500-mile range, and maybe with the wait, I can save enough to pay for it on the first reservation. If I don't need an upgrade with more money, I may sell my first one to my nephew for what I paid, just to share the joy.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Its not just Teslas.

I happened upon some Suzuki Jimnys last week, 12 years old, 200,000km on the dial and going for the same price they went for new.... essentially a free car. Used car prices are nuts here atm and will only go up with all the floods over east.
Sponsored