James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra SR5
Occupation
Self Employed Land Ranger
Country flag
Those of you in Texas know the value of deer/brush guards, especially for those of us that live and work in the sticks. Anyone know if Tesla has accessories like those planned? Also for some of us older folks, I would prefer a steering wheel (flat bottom type), rather than the yoke type. Does anyone know if that may be an option? Also… rifle rack for one shotgun and one rifle, and some storage compartments in bed, like a tool box is currently used.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Tesla doesn't sell stuff like that. To see what they do offer go to the Tesla store and have a look.

Then do a broader search on Tesla accessories or something like that to see the plethora of items offered by third parties. That's where you will find such things. People are already offering accessories for the CT.

Bboo Dad86

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck..? 2019 RAM 1500. 2009 Escape Hybrid
Country flag
CT may not need as many guards. 304 Stainless steel and strengthened glass will *hopefully* just need a bucket of soapy water and a brush after smacking stupid deer out of the way.

Note: I am saying that after dumb deer got in the way of my wife and busted up the front and side of our Subaru Outback, cost about $5000 to repair. Had to wait 5 weeks to get it fixed as shops here in Wisconsin so backed up from so many people hitting deer this spring. Fortunately was covered by insurance pretty well.

When my wife was talking with the body shop guy, he said he wouldn't work on Teslas due to not knowing how to do it safely. It was while thinking about that when I realized that he probably wouldn't need to work on Cybertruck vs deer!

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
Those of you in Texas know the value of deer/brush guards, especially for those of us that live and work in the sticks. Anyone know if Tesla has accessories like those planned? Also for some of us older folks, I would prefer a steering wheel (flat bottom type), rather than the yoke type. Does anyone know if that may be an option? Also… rifle rack for one shotgun and one rifle, and some storage compartments in bed, like a tool box is currently used.
For storage, I think the existing Frunk, under bed compartment and the side pillar storage may suffice for many folks needs. Tesla seems pretty proud of the yolk regardless of other folks feelings so I think it may be the only Tesla option. However, I can see a snap over the yolk 3rd party option to provide a round more typical steering wheel as an option. It does not look all that complicated for some 3rd party to develop and manufacture, IMO. As others have mentioned the Stainless steel body may be enough to handle most road hazards such as deer, possibly? If you want it for looks then that is a different story. Rifle racks, yeah I don't see that as a Tesla OEM option but again no reason to believe it wont be supported by 3rd party folks.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The existing integrated bumper/skidplate may make basic brush guards unnecessary. There won't be anything for brush to catch on!

But for more regular use... You may only need a very simple single bar and skid plate.

The EV advantage of having a sealed under carriage makes alot of these basic things less important. No engine to keep weeds out of!

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I just cringe thinking about all the ways people are going to tank their range by adding unneeded after market accessories that dangle out in the wind slowing the truck down.

Meanwhile, I'm getting the truck so I can avoid dangling my bike out in the wind.

Challeco

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23ModelY,71F250,14Fusion,66Galaxie
Occupation
Medical Technologist
Country flag
For storage, I think the existing Frunk, under bed compartment and the side pillar storage may suffice for many folks needs. Tesla seems pretty proud of the yolk regardless of other folks feelings so I think it may be the only Tesla option. However, I can see a snap over the yolk 3rd party option to provide a round more typical steering wheel as an option. It does not look all that complicated for some 3rd party to develop and manufacture, IMO. As others have mentioned the Stainless steel body may be enough to handle most road hazards such as deer, possibly? If you want it for looks then that is a different story. Rifle racks, yeah I don't see that as a Tesla OEM option but again no reason to believe it wont be supported by 3rd party folks.
Buy a medium to large 3D printer and make your own yoke adapter. I'm sure Tinkercad would love to host a clip on adapter.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Kudos on your late 40’s FORD. I dropped a 289cu w/auto trans in my 50 FORD pickup in H.S. Great fun…fond memories.

Agreed Cybertruck protection is inadequate. CT running in the sticks and pucker brush needs cow catcher, deer deflector and “brush” guards. Too expensive returning CT to Tesla S.S. bodyworkers. It’s wait and see production structural for attachment what aero-style can be created.

Replace the Tesla yoke not add-on since that’s not legal or safe. Salvage a Tesla steering wheel or new racing profile accessory wheel bolt that right up.

Stopped running visible gun rack. Ahhh good ole days. Now stow tools, rope and stuff outta sight. CT expect to swallow those whole, not broken down.

Corner S.S. protection is #1. That looks vulnerable and most expensive. #2 front and rear end. #3 fender flare are undersized throwing up side of S.S. Underside protection will deserve a looksee too at breakover. Double fish plate strip maybe.

Cue’ing off CT headlighting strip and approach angle, looking for third party to project a horizontal form out away from bodywork 8-10” that’s aerodynamic and deflective. Attractive is a functional three piece Masai form factor designed to incorporate a deflector beam across width of frontend.
Tesla Cybertruck Texas accessories for Cybertruck 9DE4EABE-A584-4C49-AA35-39BF8CEE975D

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I'm wondering how I'll be able to tuck my bike in enough to be out of the wind...

-Crissa
Um.... Remove the handle bars and wheels then lay it on its side with the removed parts on top.

LOL.

I know, I know. That sort of ruins the experience.