The Cybertruck is at least another year away

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
I haven’t been on the forum lately since no official Cybertruck news has been reported.

If the Cybertruck goes into production in summer of 2023 as Elon stated we can expect a slow ramp up similar to the Model Y at Austin. It will probably take longer than the Model Y since its a brand new vehicle that has never been manufactured before. I predict the production numbers for next year will be under 10k units.

The Tesla production team will face numerous unforeseen challenges getting the Cybertruck into volume production. I wish the team well as the 2nd half is going to be exciting for them AND Cybertruck reservation holders. We can finally see light at the end of the tunnel. It will be nearing 4-years since the truck was revealed.

Tesla Cybertruck The Cybertruck is at least another year away 0A89DFA4-2C91-4AFD-8B2C-DBE329BC7785
Sponsored

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
I am playing to wait to see, because there is 'IN' production, mass production, or starting production.

I believe he said they would be 'IN' production in 12 months and the interview was actually shot like a month ago or more now?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
A year away? I can live with that. With age comes patience.
Really? As I've aged, I've learned to be less patient.

When I was a kid, I'd save up to buy things from the catalog. So many times the thing was 'no longer available'. What a pain.

Like, first off, you can't know if you're even going to be around. I was once invited to a convention to meet someone I met online. I dithered, I couldn't pay for a plane ticket, and wasn't going to let him. Well, he was killed in a mugging a month later. I go to a convention every year now, because there's not enough time to dither - those friends might not be around. To reinforce that... My father died when I was three. I lost all my grandparents (all six) by the time I was 24. Half by 12. Lost my step dad just ten years after that.

So yeah. Patience is not my strong suit.

Still, gotta wait. It's not like there's another electric truck I can buy.

-Crissa

(And I never got better at funerals, either. Everyone wants a different kind!)

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Aspirationally, EM moved the goalposts which grated against all the enthusiasm behind the OG Armageddon machine’s Nov2019 launch.

CyberGucci with pretty 4 wheel Quad motors was a setback. It setback the simple, efficient electro-mechanical differential Cybertruck powertrain schema, reconfigured the truck power mapping to new torque-vector motor control and delayed delivery for folks left holding RN’s on non-CyberGucci Cybertrucks.

We gonna see who can afford Gucci. How many jump for non-traditional torque vectoring Quad motor/Quad steer and how long it takes Tesla to fulfill such a last minute moment of insecurity to oivot away from a product launch.

Carmageddon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Tri Motor
Country flag
I lost all my grandparents (all six) by the time I was 24. Half by 12. Lost my step dad just ten years after that.
I am curious, how'd you have 6 to begin with?
Normally people have two parents for each parent (hence up to 4 grandparents).

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
At the age of 50, my friend found out he was adopted. Following that , he decided to track down his 'other' family. He discovered, his 'real' mother, had been a victim of the times.

Now he has 2 mothers, and 2 families, and I suppose 8 grandparents.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Depending on what
I haven’t been on the forum lately since no official Cybertruck news has been reported.

If the Cybertruck goes into production in summer of 2023 as Elon stated we can expect a slow ramp up similar to the Model Y at Austin. It will probably take longer than the Model Y since its a brand new vehicle that has never been manufactured before. I predict the production numbers for next year will be under 10k units.

The Tesla production team will face numerous unforeseen challenges getting the Cybertruck into volume production. I wish the team well as the 2nd half is going to be exciting for them AND Cybertruck reservation holders. We can finally see light at the end of the tunnel. It will be nearing 4-years since the truck was revealed.

0A89DFA4-2C91-4AFD-8B2C-DBE329BC7785.jpeg

[/QUOTE
Depending what EM meant by 'in production.' it also depends how fast these babies come off the line. with no paint and the exoskeleton they might assemble like Lego.

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
They are still setting up texas, Im hoping by the end of the year they will have things up and running for CT but i cant imagine they 1st production ones will be perfect, this still feels rushed.

Im fine waiting (and saving more moneys) for a better, later production truck. Im getting the single motor so gotta wait anyway.
it seems nearly all vehicles 1st version have the most issues, understandably.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I am curious, how'd you have 6 to begin with?
Normally people have two parents for each parent (hence up to 4 grandparents).
In-laws. That's how I have lost two dads. Lotsa time to have a new dad when your mom remarries when you're 6.

-Crissa

Old Pro

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I own a 2006 Toyota Tacoma and 2018 Tesla Model 3,
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
II will continue to be patient and based on my experience of owning (OK, my wife) a Tesla Model 3, I am confident waiting for the Cybertruck will be a good decision. What are my choices for a EV Truck? Ford F150EV purchases/order is closed. Rivian is expensive with limited availability. Other EV Trucks may be nothing more than cobbled together vehicles.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
I am playing to wait to see, because there is 'IN' production, mass production, or starting production.

I believe he said they would be 'IN' production in 12 months and the interview was actually shot like a month ago or more now?
I think this is spot-on. When Elon was asked when the Cybertruck will be here I have to assume he didn't want to give the earliest possible date to allow for last minute production delays. So, he made his best guess as to when they would start rolling off the line in meaningful numbers of deliveries to non-employees.

This would mean we might see the first ones off the production line maybe as soon as March or earlier. Elon's covered his butt by saying "summer", not only because summer is later but also because it's three months long!

When people start getting assigned VIN's, the excitement here will rise to a fever pitch! I'm going to try to stay cool, calm and collected but there are no guarantees I will be successful!
Sponsored