Juliana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual motor
Occupation
Student
Country flag
My Dad and I performed a few hacks on a Nissan Leaf and paired it with a Scamp 13 (also with a few hacks) in a prototype car/trailer combo to learn about all-electric RV camping.
Here's the airbnb listing with photos and description.
https://airbnb.com/h/leafandscamp13

It has a microwave, and an induction cooktop so that we can get rid of propane completely.
Sponsored

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
My Dad and I performed a few hacks on a Nissan Leaf and paired it with a Scamp 13 (also with a few hacks) in a prototype car/trailer combo to learn about all-electric RV camping.

It has a microwave, and an induction cooktop so that we can get rid of propane completely.
Ur link is broke

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I

I am confused and perhaps ignorant. I thought that AirBnB is about destination stays and not about mobile camping. So AirBnB is also about RV rentals? How is that regulated so that renters are protected like they would/should be with residential rentals?

OP
OP

cybercamper

First Name
Juliana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual motor
Occupation
Student
Country flag
Airbnb does not filter out trailers that can be pulled around or motorhomes that can be driven.
Last time I checked, however, their million dollar insurance policy has fine print that says these dwellings may not be moved more than a half mile per day.
So that really means that hosts must have their own collision and liability insurance that allows rentals. If you are really targeting guests that want to drive around, you should list on Outdoorsy.

CWiley

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Chevy Silverado
Occupation
Contractor

Link worked for me...Well done! Nice little camper!

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag

Looks good! Can you give a little more detail on what you did? I’m guessing you modified the Leaf to be essentially a V2H system with the H being the camper. Does the Leaf still drive? Can it tow the camper? What do you do for charging?

OP
OP

cybercamper

First Name
Juliana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual motor
Occupation
Student
Country flag
Looks good! Can you give a little more detail on what you did? I’m guessing you modified the Leaf to be essentially a V2H system with the H being the camper. Does the Leaf still drive? Can it tow the camper? What do you do for charging?
Right, we installed a 2KW inverter in a cavity under the trunk of the Leaf. It's protected by a plastic bellypan.
We learned that on a Leaf, the traction battery continually recharges the 12v starting battery when the ignition is ON. So it was just one #4 red wire from the 12v battery post to the back of the car.
Then we installed a covered 30A 120V RV receptacle in the rear bumper.

The Leaf pulls the 1100lb trailer like a dream. It's a small enough assembly that pulling into an EV charging station is easy. Range of course really sucks, but for $20k total you could live around town without any bills other than license fees.
Sponsored

Last edited: