firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
---------------------------------------

Sodium Ion Batteries for Vehicles // Analysis
Are sodium ion batteries a viable chemistry for vehicles? Yes, but there are some catches. Today I'll run you through my analysis.
Apr 12, 2023
The Limiting Factor

-------

---------------------------------------
Sponsored

slomo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
He talks about volumetric density as the primary metric for vehicle batteries. But in purpose built EV energy by cell weight is at least as important.

BayouCityBob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3
Country flag
Good video, as always. The YouTube commenters' nonsense aside, TLF is correct that NA batteries will be a better fit in the grid storage arena which is growing at an insane rate and will take pressure off the other chemistries in for vehicles.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Great to know there is a good long term alternative to lithium. Can counteract the FUD.
There are several, so it's good they're coming into production!

He talks about volumetric density as the primary metric for vehicle batteries. But in purpose built EV energy by cell weight is at least as important.
It's not unimportant, but it's less important. At least in the amounts of weight this represents.

I DO love The Limiting Factor...always very well researched and written data..
I do as well, but he makes a couple small errors in this one, probably from the speed he put it out. And he has a big blind spot when it comes to things he doesn't feel the effect of, so I avoid his social media anymore.

-Crissa
Sponsored