mhaze

First Name
mhike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3; Smartcar; F150 Raptor; Avalanche 2500 4x4
Country flag
So in an attempt to put some sanity into what everyone wants to know.

The Twitter share buyback was at 42.00 per share.

The BFR launch was on 4/20.

Therefore, the base level Cybertruck sales price will be $42,000.
Sponsored

OP
OP

mhaze

First Name
mhike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

To those who are skeptical because 42000 is not 420. Wrong.

It's 420 of those $100 bills. The ones that act like $20s used to.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
So in an attempt to put some sanity into what everyone wants to know.

The Twitter share buyback was at 42.00 per share.

The BFR launch was on 4/20.

Now it all makes sense.

SPRailroadFan

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Soul
Occupation
Quality Assurance Professional
Country flag
I know the final cost of the Cyber Truck has been discussed many times before. Since we are getting closer to the release date (late Q3), and new information about manufacturing efficiencies have been released; what do you think the Dual and Tri Motor variants will cost and why?

Dual Motor: $35K
Tri Motor: $45K

1. Demand has decreased and prices have been lowered for all TESLA vehicles.
2. Fewer robots being used combined with the casting process and no paint, have significantly reduced manufacturing costs.
3. TESLA has the ability to scale very quickly.

LowPoly

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, DeLorean
Occupation
Opto-Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
My guess for pricing...

60k base
80k performance

But I'm a pessimist and have been living in fear that I will not be able to justify/afford the final price tag once it finally comes out. I think his initial pricing was a little too good to be true. Remember that the DeLorean DMC-12 was named after its expected $12k price tag. When it hit the showroom floor it was $25k.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I'm not sure now. Rather than lower, the price may be on the higher side.

With 1+ million pre-orders, there is enough demand to sell every CT they make even if the price is a tad above expectations.

There is an opportunity for Tesla to increase its profits on the CT to support lowering the cost of their other vehicles.

Of course, this is hypothetical, and I don't really see Tesla doing this... but the potential is there.

S.H.Peterson

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Currently Dodge Truck owner
Occupation
Insurance
Country flag
One of the things that I think escapes a lot of folks is that with all the built in profit in Tesla vehilces, Tesla can beat the daylights out of anyone manufacturing vehicles as far as price.
I would start same $ as an ICE or a little lower. Then I would get a good foothold in the market and then crash the prices. This would cripple my competition. Then I would start bringing prices slowly back up to where I can maximise profit BUT make it very hard for any competitors to re-emerge.

Uncle Muskie isnt competing with EV's , he is competing with EVERYONE.

SO, my prediction is this:
About market price par for options and capability , then a massive drop followed by a slow increase. Prices to be relative to inflation.

Arctic_White

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S Plaid; CT on order
Country flag
One of the things that I think escapes a lot of folks is that with all the built in profit in Tesla vehilces, Tesla can beat the daylights out of anyone manufacturing vehicles as far as price.
I would start same $ as an ICE or a little lower. Then I would get a good foothold in the market and then crash the prices. This would cripple my competition. Then I would start bringing prices slowly back up to where I can maximise profit BUT make it very hard for any competitors to re-emerge.

Uncle Muskie isnt competing with EV's , he is competing with EVERYONE.

SO, my prediction is this:
About market price par for options and capability , then a massive drop followed by a slow increase. Prices to be relative to inflation.
100% this.

If the demand is through the roof, I fully anticipate Tesla to increase price so that the backlog doesn't get crazy long.

Because we are anticipating the backlog to be long (given the pre-orders), it makes sense that for Tesla to start the pricing a bit high and then to adjust as they realize what the demand is.

OP
OP

mhaze

First Name
mhike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm not sure now. Rather than lower, the price may be on the higher side.

With 1+ million pre-orders, there is enough demand to sell every CT they make even if the price is a tad above expectations.

There is an opportunity for Tesla to increase its profits on the CT to support lowering the cost of their other vehicles.

Of course, this is hypothetical, and I don't really see Tesla doing this... but the potential is there.
Look, don't worry about the high side prices. Everyone knows that everyone can jack up the price of their most desired vehicle. That's why biggie tires and gangster wheels and rims.

And with the options and after market accessories, the sky's the limit. Who wouldn't want ejection seats or the articulating pizza delivery arm?

Don't worry about the high side, it will take care of itself. Just set the low side so that every time one of these rolls into one of those, uh... Gas stations? Yeah, that's it. All the guys with their gaster truckies look and say or think, "Yep, that's that one I can get for 420. 420 of those Bills. The old style paper ones."

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Destroying Teslas "EV" competition, or ICE competition that are now transitioning, is not consistent with Teslas mission objectives to promote sustainability.

Teslas mission is only truly won, when every manufacturer is sustainable. But even Tesla isn't there yet itself, and the more that convert the faster Tesla achieves its overall objectives, without having to do it all themselves.
Sponsored