The Street: Elon Musk Offers Another Brazen Prediction After Photo of Cybertruck Goes Viral

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
BTW That wasn't Mr Musk commenting, it was in fact Franz speaking with Ryan.
Once again, media doing there 'due diligence' and getting it 'right'
Yeah, all he said was "It will change the look of the roads."

-Crissa

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
You have to repeat something 7 times to reach 90% of people.

These small networks, say something once. Easy to work out 1/7th of 90% of viewers = how many people remember it.

lol, there are many other considerations... but we are going in the right direction.

Then we get Tesla youtube Tesla 'fanboys' giving us daily updates, and there you have it..... FUD growth X 10.

How many times have I heard xxxxxxxxxxxx say .. along the lines ... 'I don't agree with it, but I'm just telling you what is being reported'.

Just stfu

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Did they edit the article now? I read it and the attributions are correct from what I can tell. The heading is a bit wonky tho.

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
"After having downplayed the rollout of the Tesla (TSLA) - Get Free Report Cybertruck, CEO Elon Musk has continued to tweet about it."

I like how they managed to get something wrong in the first sentence.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
"After having downplayed the rollout of the Tesla (TSLA) - Get Free Report Cybertruck, CEO Elon Musk has continued to tweet about it."

I like how they managed to get something wrong in the first sentence.
No, reminding everyone the ramp will take 6-12 months is definitely downplaying. At least they didn't say 'delayed' like all the others.

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
No, reminding everyone the ramp will take 6-12 months is definitely downplaying. At least they didn't say 'delayed' like all the others.
I think the frustration is the one-sidedness of it. When you see articles about the Hummer they don’t make a big point of the fact that there are only a tiny number on the road. If they talk about the LYRIQ, they rarely mention that only 22 were delivered to end customers. Nobody ever mentions that the Rivian was delayed a year. Save for a few Tesla specific journals, the media doesn’t mention the fact that GM promised us 20 new EVs in 2023 and nobody mentions that GMs EV production stalled 3 years ago and volume has barely increased since.

It’s hard to claim the media is unbiased when they load up every single article about Tesla with these reminders of “Failures”, and don’t do the same with the competition.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
GM did deliver an all-time-high of 38k Bolts in 2022, which is more than they did in 2018-2020 inclusive. (I think)

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
GM did deliver an all-time-high of 38k Bolts in 2022, which is more than they did in 2018-2020 inclusive. (I think)

-Crissa
They sold nearly 24k in 2017. That’s an average growth rate of less than 10% per year. Fine if they plan on selling about 50,000/ year in 2025. But they made a huge deal that they would have a million shipped by then. This would put them about 700,000 shy of that number.

GM recently dropped their projection that they would release 20 EVs in 2023 to 9. Then since they reduced it to 9 new models, they’ve said people shouldn’t expect a significant increase in production in the first half of the year. Everything coming out of GM points to massive problems. But reading coverage, it’s Tesla that is hemorrhaging money trying to break 50k units/ year.

Point being. Even little struggles from Tesla get amplified by the media while ignoring GMs far more fundamental issues.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah, I just wanted to point out that they did have good growth after their stumble with the batteries. The Hummer disappointed, but it could have been almost four Bolts, battery wise.

-Crissa

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag

-Crissa

Pathetic

GM/Chevy Bolt had 3-4 year production head start (2016) on Tesla Model-Y (2020) yet GM/Chevy for year 2022 produced 1/20 as many Bolts than Tesla is Model-Ys and GM/Chevy Bolt is in a much lower price tier that has much larger addressable market.

For 2023 GM/Chevy Bolt production will probably be less than 1/10 Tesla Model-Ys.

Last edited:

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Yeah, I just wanted to point out that they did have good growth after their stumble with the batteries. The Hummer disappointed, but it could have been almost four Bolts, battery wise.

-Crissa

Even before the pandemic and battery recall, GM/Chevy Bolt sales were in significant decline. Few units shipped in 2016 launch year ( only 3 months), 2017 (28,500 units), 2018 (27,978 units), 2019 (27,182 units). So 2017-2019 annual global sales dropped 5%. So 3 years later they were selling fewer cars not more. Not even a 10% increase yearly.
Sponsored