The tri-motor got an upgrade to quad-motor, can this be possible for the other models as well?

Papihavana

First Name
Cesar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Dear Mr. Musk,

Happy New Year! and Thank You for all that you do for humanity and mankind. I, as well as the majority in this forum appreciate what you do for all of us. I know inflation is looming and cost are still high due to production constraints but I was wondering if, we that have lower models like the single or dual motor can get the upgrade as well so that across the board the configurations be dual, tri, and quad motors. Giving all the ability for 4x4. If the issue is cost maybe for those that made the reservation prior to the announcement of the quad motor can get a break and pay the difference at cost. This would make it your cybertruck design a much better product and be praised more as a product that has more features at a better price. The durability would be greater putting less wear and tear on the motors. For those of you on this forum please give your thoughts! Thank you and God Bless!!!
Sponsored

Klaxon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
Dear Mr. Musk,

Happy New Year! and Thank You for all that you do for humanity and mankind. I, as well as the majority in this forum appreciate what you do for all of us. I know inflation is looming and cost are still high due to production constraints but I was wondering if, we that have lower models like the single or dual motor can get the upgrade as well so that across the board the configurations be dual, tri, and quad motors. Giving all the ability for 4x4. If the issue is cost maybe for those that made the reservation prior to the announcement of the quad motor can get a break and pay the difference at cost. This would make it your cybertruck design a much better product and be praised more as a product that has more features at a better price. The durability would be greater putting less wear and tear on the motors. For those of you on this forum please give your thoughts! Thank you and God Bless!!!
Be careful what you wish for, it might just come true.
What we will do with the fifth wheel for a quad?

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
What made you think that tri-motor reservation holders are getting a free upgrade to quad? Someone on twitter asked Elon if current reservation holders would be allowed to upgrade and he said yes (which they always do anyway), but he never said anything about pricing.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
I just want to keep my place in line, even if sticking with dual, and not be put behind all the quads.

Zapharus

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 '22, Element '11, DM Cybertruck preorder
Country flag
As a dual motor CT reservation holder, I would totally be okay with that if the increase was just $5k so I can also keep the $7k FSD in my reservation intact and not experience too large of an increase.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Tri-motor got a market driven ā€œsuspensionā€ from 4 motor pickup competition. As did the Single motor Cybertruck. Here is a guess how that shakes out. Tri RNā€™s pass Community Chest go to Dual or Quad pickup no $$$$$ gain.

Single RWD - Fleets only(>???)and reserved for Robo

Dual RWD - In tropics up to 40th parallel RWD will suffice but #1 need is HD octovalve cooling sealed battery and waterproof inductive motor RWD with 16ā€ clearance fjording flooded highways will be an absolute necessity. Dual RWD can tow. Most affordable Cybertruck pickup.

DUAL AWD - Overkill safety until its not - in sandy, muddy, snowy ranges and icy road conditions its golden. AWD provides dependable power when you need it. AWD ranges everywhere there is paved road and some that arenā€™t. Dual AWD can tow.

Tri AWD - tbd

Quad AWD - Above the 40th parallel towing and HD use ranging across country offroad and on, Quad motors are more powerful, more efficient and deliver the most Cyber for the buck. Quad delivers the torque, power, range and full EV power to each wheel. Quad tows.

Quad Plaid - AWD on steroids Plaid provides 4x4 independent power to each wheel separately including offroad ā€œlockingā€ differentials front and rear for crawling in the steeps. Plaid affords the highest Cybertruck EV experience possible in terrain or on roads using the latest Tesla technology. Quad Plaid is a no regrets investment whatever your needs or circumstances. Quad Plaid excels with the latest Tesla technology. Quicker than a Tesla MS, Quad Plaid pulls 14,000lbs., 550 mi. range MTY(empty)

Tri-motor doesnā€™t EOL. Itā€™s better packaged in VAN than pickup. Pickup carries the brand, the halo Cybertruck and the gauntlet Elon laid for OEMā€˜s. This is not the last youā€™ll hear of the Tri.

Single motor doesnā€™t EOL. Itā€˜s spec for attaining MPV(MinimumProductValue) for Robo. Whether ride-hail or AV ride-share this will be workhorse and million mile FSD TeslaTaxi configuration.

All guess no facts, little prediction on VAN.
Sponsored