Things they don't tell you about owning an EV.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, '23 Mavrick Hybrid, '24? Cyberbeast
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
Repository for advice, tips, jokes, etc.

Gassing up my truck, I always spray some gas on my hands as a good sanitization practice. Burns the eyes a little but, you can't be too safe. My wife can't do this with her Tesla. I'm dreading charging my cybertruck because I'll have to carry cans of gas to clean my hands. :rolleyes::LOL:
Sponsored

OP
OP
TyPope

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, '23 Mavrick Hybrid, '24? Cyberbeast
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
110v charges about 3.8 miles per hour at 15 amps.
Tesla Wall Connection lets you charge at about 40 miles per hour.

Spending just 14 hours at home, you'd get between 52.2 to 560 miles per night
At a cost of $0.12 per KwH, it costs about $0.04 per mile to charge at home.

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag
Just shared that with my wife as she is finishing up in her classroom for Christmas break. Your timing was perfect Dids. šŸ˜†

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Without the gas stops, you donā€™t make nearly as many C-Store stops so you have to stock up on Snickers and Bugles when you are at the grocery store.

Then you end up with a big cache of Snickers at home and eat them all in 1 day.

Also, home made Icees made with Hawaiian Ice maker just isnā€™t as good as the stuff they serve up at the Slushee machines at AM/PM.

When I go to get diesel for my tractor, the gas station attendants ignore me.

Itā€™s been ages since Iā€™ve enjoyed a hot dog thatā€™s been spinning on those little hot rollers for 9 hours solid.

My skill at trying to keep the bathroom stall door closed because the latch is broken has atrophied quite a bit.

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
110v charges about 3.8 miles per hour at 15 amps.
Tesla Wall Connection lets you charge at about 40 miles per hour.

Spending just 14 hours at home, you'd get between 52.2 to 560 miles per night
At a cost of $0.12 per KwH, it costs about $0.04 per mile to charge at home.
There you go rub it in and proving we are being ripped off big time, 40p kWh plus 49p per day standing charge, most fast chargers 60p and up to Ā£1.00 kWh.

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
pĢ¶rĢ¶iĢ¶uĢ¶sĢ¶ cĢ¶,Ģ¶ yĢ¶oĢ¶tĢ¶aĢ¶ pĢ¶iĢ¶cĢ¶kĢ¶uĢ¶p, ā¼•äø«ā»?å°ŗć‚»å°ŗć„©ā¼•é•æ
Country flag
u can always carry a tazer and just zap the germs away

tmeyer3

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Wrangler, Tractors
Occupation
Computer Scientist
Country flag
Repository for advice, tips, jokes, etc.

Gassing up my truck, I always spray some gas on my hands as a good sanitization practice. Burns the eyes a little but, you can't be too safe. My wife can't do this with her Tesla. I'm dreading charging my cybertruck because I'll have to carry cans of gas to clean my hands. :rolleyes::LOL:
Wait, is this actually a thing? Does that work? Are you telling me that I could have just bought gas during the COVID hand sanitizer shortage?!?!

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Wait, is this actually a thing? Does that work? Are you telling me that I could have just bought gas during the COVID hand sanitizer shortage?!?!
Absolutely.

You can also use it to replace mouthwash. Itā€™s fantastic for killing germsā€¦

ā€¦

ā€¦

ā€¦ and whoever drinks it.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
Itā€™s been ages since Iā€™ve enjoyed a hot dog thatā€™s been spinning on those little hot rollers for 9 hours solid.
I'll give you an important tip, leaving a pack of them in a hot frunk for a while will give you that familiar texture and the zing of early botulism.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I'll give you an important tip, leaving a pack of them in a hot frunk for a while will give you that familiar texture and the zing of early botulism.
If you dip them in gasoline you wonā€™t be worried about the botulism at all.

Also, lets talk about saving money on eye dropsā€¦ do you know how much money people waste on Visene?

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
There was a discussion on another forum I use, started by one of the typical anti-EV nutters, titled something like "Another disadvantage for EVs." So I merged things from here and my own thoughts to reply with this.

The title was "another downside," apparently assuming that there are a bunch of them. Not sure what they are, so I went looking. I found a number.

1. Splashing a little gas on your hands at every fill-up is a good way to sanitize the hands. It may burn your eyes, but that tells you it's working. Not having any opportunities to do this naturally, during filling, I now have to carry a gas can in the frunk.

2. In a related problem, no fuel stops means no built-in opportunities to grab a hot dog and a slurpee. My work-around is to keep a pack of dogs in the frunk for a few weeks to give them the same familiar gas station consistency and the zing of early botulism. The fumes from my sanitizing gas keeps it under control. Nature's balance. Some buns rolling around the back floor make it convenient to build a snack whenever the mood strikes, while the car drives for you.

3. Zero chance to whine and bitch about gas prices during normal conversation. Also the shitty looks when you say, "So what IS the price of gas now?" There's no place to put an "I did this" sticker on a Supercharger since it doesn't have a price display.

4. No more free 7 hour old coffee at the shop when you're getting oil changes.

5. When you get extended warranty spam calls, they immediately hang up when you say the word "Tesla." No conversation, no chance to pay $200 a month to get useless coverage on the parts that never break. In fact they even stopped sending me postcards!! Fuckers. I called back on one, curious, and they said they had no idea why they sent me an invitation for a car they can't cover.

6. I've seen people outside their cars chatting in the 20-30 minute lines at the Sam's/Costco gas stations. I don't get to make new friends like that.

7. Suicide by idling in the garage is out of the question.

8. Brake jobs used to be SO much fun.
Sponsored