This is bizarre. Can anyone explain this?

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Look at the date of this article and then read the caption below the picture.

Toyota’s $391 million expansion the first major renovation of San Antonio plant in nine years

Randy Diamond Sep. 17, 2019 Updated: Sep. 18, 2019 8:42 a.m.

gallery_xlarge.jpg

8of20Kevin Voelkel, Toyota Motor Manufacturing Texas president, speaks on Monday, Sept. 16, 2019. Voelkel and Julissa Carielo, Tejas Premier Building Construction president, will helm a panel that will recommend when businesses and activities put on hold during the COVID-19 pandemic can safely resume in San Antonio and Bexar County

Source: San Antonio Express-News
Sponsored

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The phrasing is such that they could have been renovating it 300 million a year and it would still be true.

-Crissa
Read the caption below the picture again.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Read the caption below the picture again.
If you go to the source you will see the picture and caption are a feed and that the picture and caption are not tied to the story, they are adjunct and the picture feed serves pictures of the subject to the story. They are dated differently.
In other words the caption was created when they used the picture from the factory story for the panel story and then the old story about the factory gets the caption from the reopening panel story.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If you go to the source you will see the picture and caption are a feed and that the picture and caption are not tied to the story, they are adjunct and the picture feed serves pictures of the subject to the story. They are dated differently.
In other words the caption was created when they used the picture from the factory story for the panel story and then the old story about the factory gets the caption from the reopening panel story.
The picture and caption in question says "Kevin Voelkel, Toyota Motor Manufacturing Texas president, speaks on Monday, Sept. 16, 2019", so that implies that the picture is referring to Sept. 16, 2019.

I went through all 20 pics and they all refer to the Toyota plant expansion. It would seem odd that one pic doesn't refer to the story in the headline.

There is no date on the pictures that I could find. Maybe I am missing something. For sure at least that one caption and the story about the reopening panel is out of sync with the date of Sept. 16, 2019.

Ok actually there are two pics and captions that refer to the reopening.

I just figured if a story says it was updated as it does just below the headline for the article then the pics should be in sync with the story.

But anyway, not really trying to make a big deal of it, just never have noticed any stories and just a couple of pics out of 20 that didn't pertain to the story.

Last edited:

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
The picture and caption in question says "Kevin Voelkel, Toyota Motor Manufacturing Texas president, speaks on Monday, Sept. 16, 2019", so that implies that the picture is referring to Sept. 16, 2019.

I went through all 20 pics and they all refer to the Toyota plant expansion. It would seem odd that one pic doesn't refer to the story in the headline.

There is no date on the pictures that I could find. Maybe I am missing something. For sure at least that one caption and the story about the reopening panel is out of sync with the date of Sept. 16, 2019.

Ok actually there are two pics and captions that refer to the reopening.

I just figured if a story says it was updated as it does just below the headline for the article then the pics should be in sync with the story.

But anyway, not really trying to make a big deal of it, just never have noticed any stories and just a couple of pics out of 20 that didn't pertain to the story.
Here is the story the photo and caption were reused in.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ex...eases-guidelines-for-San-Antonio-15248353.php

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
...When I read the article I didn't get the same photos and captions, either. Probably some got moved around when it fed it to different versions of mobile.

-Crissa

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Wouldn't let me open the story, said I have used all me free articles.

I take your word for it though.

Thanks for taking the effort to check it out and explain the incongruity.

I knew there was no way there could be an article dated in Sept 2019 about reopening due to the COVID-19 virus when it hadn't been discovered as a problem by China until December of 2019.
Sponsored

Last edited: