Tonneau cover.....

olibear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3
Country flag
On a 2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab, I had a fiberglass tonneau cover. It served its purpose, but always a pain in the a$$ to get stuff near the cab.

On a 2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab, I had a rolling cover made by www.retrax.com. Again, it served its purpose and made things easier to reach near the cab, but it could hold any weight.

I'm really hoping that Truck Covers USA out of San Diego will make their "American Work Cover" for the CybrTrk. https://www.truckcoversusa.com/american-work-cover/
Sponsored

Old Spice

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Polaris RZR
Country flag
I’m hoping the cybertruck will have a cover built in and we won’t need to look to aftermarket. Because if it’s a factory feature it’s likely be automatically operated, which would be sweet.

OP
OP
olibear

olibear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3
Country flag
I’m hoping the cybertruck will have a cover built in and we won’t need to look to aftermarket. Because if it’s a factory feature it’s likely be automatically operated, which would be sweet.
oh that would be great! maybe the image in your profile pic is the tonneau cover!

Old Spice

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Polaris RZR
Country flag
oh that would be great! maybe the image in your profile pic is the tonneau cover!
Yea! I've looked at it endlessly and always think that it's either the covered bed or the roof of the cab.

rustycarburetor

Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma/Boxster/3 Harleys/BMW
Yea! I've looked at it endlessly and always think that it's either the covered bed or the roof of the cab.
I have a distinct memory of an interview video where a woman asked him (Elon) which end of the vehicle was in the teaser, his reply saying it was the front. Somewhere on youtube if memory serves.

stumby

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S P90D
Country flag
I have a distinct memory of an interview video where a woman asked him (Elon) which end of the vehicle was in the teaser, his reply saying it was the front. Somewhere on youtube if memory serves.
Yea it's widely been accepted that the light strip is the front fascia of the car.

dano0726

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Jeep JK Wrangler
Occupation
Treasury Finance Insurance
Country flag
I'm counting down the days/hours for the release and reveal...

PATEL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4
Country flag
@CYBRTRKDRIVER If you are the admin, please add a clock counting down the time! Also it would be nice to have a "Live" thread during the event for us to share our thoughts. Thank you for creating this website!

Jayrod

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tesla Model X
On a 2002 Toyota Tundra Access Cab, I had a fiberglass tonneau cover. It served its purpose, but always a pain in the a$$ to get stuff near the cab.

On a 2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab, I had a rolling cover made by www.retrax.com. Again, it served its purpose and made things easier to reach near the cab, but it could hold any weight.

I'm really hoping that Truck Covers USA out of San Diego will make their "American Work Cover" for the CybrTrk. https://www.truckcoversusa.com/american-work-cover/
It better come with an electric cover of some kind, Tesla knows what to do with this. If it’s an open bed I’ll be really disappointed.

Broccoli2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model 3, 2018 Jeep Rubicon, 2013 GMC 2500
Country flag
So, It has one and it's electric. If you watch the reveal video, when the guy rides the quad up you can see it disappearing in-between the cab and the bed of the truck. I hope you can partially close it to where ever you want.

OP
OP
olibear

olibear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3
Country flag
So, It has one and it's electric. If you watch the reveal video, when the guy rides the quad up you can see it disappearing in-between the cab and the bed of the truck. I hope you can partially close it to where ever you want.
I found this video on FB. It looks like its just open/close, but a lot can happen in 2 years.

NPATEL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4
Country flag
They will stick to this cover. From what I heard, Tesla has made it to the point where a person would be able to walk on it.
Owners would get creative with artwork for this cover.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
They need the cover to keep the aerodynamic drag in check. So it most definitely will be included and not optional. Apparently, there's going to be an option to make it solar, which will ad about 15 miles of range per day, and the cover stores under the bed of the truck when it's stowed.
Sponsored