g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Basically.

Cybertruck is gonna be better. Not the best electric truck.

The best truck. Periodt.

TBONO

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
The article was posted 5 hours ago.

" For what it’s worth, the F-150 Lightning becomes the first (and currently the only) full-size electric pickup available now with a starting price of less than $40,000."

People don't even bother copy and paste from recent info to call themselves journalist.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I read this on Google:

"Looking back now, the original 2022 F-150 Lightning was a bargain at the starting price of $41,669. When it reopened order banks for its electrified pickup, Ford quietly increased the price of the 2023 model for the third time since August, raising the base price to $58,514."

What is the current actual price of a Lightning into customers hand ? Jim Farley has admitted selling EV's below cost.

They are low volume tokenism.

Not fair to use them as a price point benchmark at all.

JCERRN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester
Country flag

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The article was posted 5 hours ago.

" For what it’s worth, the F-150 Lightning becomes the first (and currently the only) full-size electric pickup available now with a starting price of less than $40,000."

People don't even bother copy and paste from recent info to call themselves journalist.
It wasn’t even accurate when they launched it.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It wasn’t even accurate when they launched it.
Yup. Almost $2K for destination charges and it was not really available to any mortals I know for 22 orders. I am assuming the only reason I got to get one near that price is that somewhere in their algorithm they must value getting new customers more than loyalists.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Yup. Almost $2K for destination charges and it was not really available to any mortals I know for 22 orders. I am assuming the only reason I got to get one near that price is that somewhere in their algorithm they must value getting new customers more than loyalists.
Ford knows new customers like you would only buy an full BEV truck.

Ford's existing customers (Loyalist ), Ford can continue to brainwash most of them that ICE truck is better or at worst get them to buy a hybird truck (even non-plugin), and that BEVs are really bad (not for real men).

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ford knows new customers like you would only buy an full BEV truck.

Ford's existing customers (Loyalist ), Ford can continue to brainwash most of them that ICE truck is better or at worst get them to buy a hybird truck (even non-plugin), and that BEVs are really bad (not for real men).
I think OEMs have already seen the writing on the wall but they need the profit from their ICE to survive the transition. Many of them have admitted their EV business won't be profitable before 25-26. But regardless of how hard a potential customer tries to connect their tail pipe to their political view, after getting smoked a few times on the road and even more on the wallet paying for energy, they are bound to start doing the math.

I was coming off the ramp the other day with an Audi and a Beamer ahead of me that were trying to race each other. They didn't even consider a large truck in the game. In a weak moment I let it rip and smoke them both by a large margin. People will electrify. Some sooner, some later. It is inevitable.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I’m not sure, I think it might have been a lottery? I know only about 1 in 20 made were that base config. Can’t recall where, but someone I chatted with said they got 10 of them at that price for a fleet and they love them. If you are a plumber or electrician seems to me like they would be amazing.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
So basically an editorial piece here with zero new info?
"Recap"

And yet, there were some lucky ones who walked in and got 'em. I didn't believe it, either. But I follow other EV groups and that's what happened. I don't know anyone who paid much over the initial price, either. I would be super-steamed as a reservation holder, honestly.

-Crissa