Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I just want to know whether it will be able to tow 8,000 - 10,000 lbs. & How much will it affect the mileage from each full charge while on the road towing.
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I just want to know whether it will be able to tow 8,000 - 10,000 lbs. & How much will it affect the mileage from each full charge while on the road towing.
https://www.tesla.com/cybertruck

Towing capacity will be based on motor, it's listed on the Tesla website.

We don't know how much range will suffer: This will vary based upon your driving speed, hills, and the aerodynamics of what you're towing.

Something that fits in the truck's wake might not cost any notable range. Something massive could double the truck's energy use. Or maybe just something sticking out into the air. Or you might just be going slow and it won't matter.

-Crissa

Iacemoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ram 1500 <> 1970 Chevy C10 Stepside Custom
Occupation
Drug Dealer
Country flag
The single motor will tow 7.5k max, dual motor version will tow 10k max, the tri motor will tow 14k max.

Expect mileage while towing to drop significantly. Probably in the 40% to 50% range. Similar to what an ICE equivalent loses while towing the same load. If your truck now gets around 20mpg empty and 10 - 12 while towing, that could give you a general idea what the CT will do for you. At least from a range perspective.

The really nice thing about electric is the torque. I mean the dual and the tri are in the 3/4 - 1 ton diesel range for torque values. Big boy shit.
Sponsored