Toy hauler trailers - any recommendations?

ecotrials

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra, electric trials bike
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I currently own a fairly ancient pop-up trailer, TrailManor 2619.
The pros (for me): 2400 lb empty weight, low profile for minimal drag, 19ft length when trailering, 26ft when popped up, 2 queen sized mattresses.
The cons (for me): as I am getting older, it is getting harder to pop-up, no toy hauling capability, no access to toilet when down (19ft configuration while towing), a bit drafty in cold weather (loses heat easily), takes ~15 minutes to setup or drop back down (so a pain when you need to get something out of it in 19ft configuration).
There are probably more, but those are the high/low lights.

My needs aren't extravagant on the toy garage; two emtbs & one electric trials motorcycle. I also am looking for a dedicated bedroom with at least a queen sized bed.
Other like to haves: small and light (within reason) ideally 21 to 27ft length, <4000 lbs empty, as aerodynamic as possible behind the cybertruck.
Otherwise fairly normal but not luxurious amenities: fridge, stove, bathroom, seating for at least four.
Other non-essentials: possibly have the garage ramp also function as a deck.
Ideally not prohibitively expensive ~$30K.
Hopefully something in that neighborhood.

I have started to look around a bit, and so far there seems like it might be possible. I also hope that manufacturers will gravitate to designs specifically for electric trucks.

But nothing works as well as input from similarly interested parties to share their experience and knowledge.
Please share your thoughts.
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
You might consider putting the ebikes in the truck bed and putting a hitch mount for the trials bike on whatever trailer you end up getting. Then you don't really need to get a proper toy hauler and can just focus on getting a trailer.

Firetruck41

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Leaf, 2017 Bolt, 2010 Ram 2500 Megacab
Country flag
Take a look at Camplite Livinlite trailers, Quicksilver and VRV. They have toy hauler variations, some are small for something like ebikes. They are no longer manufactured as of 2018-ish. They were all aluminum until about 2017, including chassis, exterior panels, floor, etc. Relatively lightweight, will never rot (zero wood, except possible cabinets if you got a wood option.). Many had a 7' width to make for a smaller cross section when towing.

They have a bit of a cult following, because there are almost no other trailers that were made this way. I have a Livin'lite 21BHS (21' body, 24.5' tongue to bumper), it is not a toy hauler, it weighs in around 3600 lbs unloaded and had a GVWR of 5500 lbs.

OP
OP
ecotrials

ecotrials

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra, electric trials bike
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You might consider putting the ebikes in the truck bed and putting a hitch mount for the trials bike on whatever trailer you end up getting. Then you don't really need to get a proper toy hauler and can just focus on getting a trailer.
Yeah, but then I've got no place to lock it all up if we decide to go to town for dinner, etc.
But thanx for the suggestion. I believe I will be able to close the vault cover with just the trials bike, no worries about oil, water or gas spilling. Should get pretty good mileage that way without the trailer..

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I've had a weekend warrior and now a Keystone Carbon - they all use same/similar parts, all cut corners...just find one that fit's your price range and size/weight and should be good....while I just bought one, now's not a good time to do so...literally sold out of non 5th wheel toy haulers in CO so not a lot of buyers leverage......Stryker's get good reviews....
Sponsored