Trade In Value of Tesla EV?

Migizi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
prius XL
Country flag
Does anyone here have any first hand knowledge or experiencing with trading or selling a used Tesla?
https://thedriven.io/2020/02/10/tesla-model-3-top-list-of-cars-that-hold-their-value/
I'm giving serious consideration to purchasing a model Y AWD long range and trading it in for the CT when it becomes available.

My reservation number is RN113587598 and was made on 6/28/20...I have 170,000 miles on my present vehicle and put an average of 30,000 miles a year on it.
I don't expect to see my CT until late 2022 at the earliest and don't want to wait another 2 years to jump on the Tesla Train.

thoughts?
Sponsored

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
When the Raven X came out I had to (yes, absolutely had to) have the extra 56 miles range. The increased performance also came with a substantial drop in the price so I took quite a bath. Tesla gave me Blue Book wholesale on the trade in which was about 80% of what the car was selling for new so absent the price drop I guess I could say that the car retained 80% of its value after 18 months. That's not, IMO, too bad.

OP
OP
Migizi

Migizi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
prius XL
Country flag
When the Raven X came out I had to (yes, absolutely had to) have the extra 56 miles range. The increased performance also came with a substantial drop in the price so I took quite a bath. Tesla gave me Blue Book wholesale on the trade in which was about 80% of what the car was selling for new so absent the price drop I guess I could say that the car retained 80% of its value after 18 months. That's not, IMO, too bad.
From what I have read on that interweb thingy, the average car depreciates roughly 20-25% the first year and another 10% each year after, that is if miles are kept low and the condition remains above average.

So I believe 80% after 1.5 years sounds like a great trade-in value.

I put a fair amount of miles on each year, but keep my vehicles in pristine condition. I would hope the miles wont have a significant effect on a Tesla.
Sponsored