TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
These urban myths never cease to proliferate. The one I always heard was red was the most expensive to insure. FYI, it's not. My red Dodge Challenger is cheaper to ensure than my previous Nissan Juke, despite checking all of the insurance cost myths: 2-doors, red, more horsepower, etc.

Insurance companies care about a handful of things: The cost of the car, your driving record and demographic, where you live, and your driving habits. The CT3 will cost more to insure than the CT2 not because of .1 sec to 60, but because it costs tens of thousands of dollars more.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
A Juke is considered a bigger vehicle than a Challenger.

Insurance is more about what they think they can get out of you than actual risk anymore.

-Crissa

datechboss101

First Name
Akaash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Acura MDX
Occupation
IT Help Desk
Country flag
If insurance companies go based off of 0-60MPH ratings, I would've been paying way below $1000 for 6 months for my current car and my previous vehicle. I honestly hope it would not be astronomical of a price increase to pay for the CT3 compared to a Hypercar or Dodge Demon/Hellcat.

A Juke is considered a bigger vehicle than a Challenger.

Insurance is more about what they think they can get out of you than actual risk anymore.

-Crissa
In which respect is a Juke bigger than a challenger? If we talking height, definitely, but in width and length, that thing can be turned into a Miata.

Challeco

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23ModelY,71F250,14Fusion,66Galaxie
Occupation
Medical Technologist
Country flag
So you're assuming by the time you get your CT, Tesla insurance will be available to everyone in the United States.

What about someone who doesn't live in the U.S.?
I have been anticipating Tesla insurance. However, they are in California and Washington, but they skipped over Oregon.

SHorzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I asked an insurance broker a few weeks ago what the CT3 will cost to insure through icbc. without knowing the gvw it is impossible to even get a ballpark. my broker said if she uses a Tesla Y Performance but as a truck, it was estimated at C$2550 annually.

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
Lots of variables here. I have USAA and we bundle our homeowners and auto insurance together. I have never found any other insurance company that gets close to USAA. I rarely get a ticket but I have filed a couple of claims over the last few years. After the last claim (idiot ran me off a two lane road and I hit a mailbox) they raised my rate. I just turned in another claim when my daughter hit something on a rainy road at night......they may or may not raise my rates again. We live out in the country near a medium sized town and rarely go into major metro areas where insurance rates are obscene. My guess it they will run the numbers on cost to repair/replace, your driving record and age, where you will do most of your driving and how many claims they have paid out on your behalf. If Tesla has insurance in my state when I get my CT and they beat USAA I'll go with Tesla. I would also speculate that the rates for a CT will be in line with what it would cost to insure a big dually gas/diesel burner that can cost north of 60 grand given the same circumstances.
Sponsored