David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 P100S, Cybertruck ordered
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have changed my order several times and can’t make up my mind. Currently back to Trimotor. Here are my criteria:
I do no towing, minimal hauling, speed is not something I’m into, little off roading, price is small consideration, def FSD.
The trimotor seems like it will last longer, have better resale or trade value, obviously longer range for road trips and camping.
Dual is cheaper, not as much power, lower resale or trade value, shorter range for road and camping trips, maybe I could add more extras to dual (at lower price point) like solar, wheels, interior, def FSD.

Do you think that Trimotor will have other drive train enhancements besides just three motors?
What is your thinking?
Sponsored

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
I reserved the tri motor and I have 2+ years to decide what to do. I am not worried about the difference yet just glad to be in the line waiting. Once I know more I will make the final decision.

Hydrocharging

First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, 65 VW bus, TDI Passat, TDI Rabbit truck, BE33, C152A, NAOV10A, PA23
Occupation
Retired Aircraft and parts dealer
Country flag
Does anyone know what gives the trimotor the additional range? Anything to do with the fact it has additional motor or Is because it will with an upgraded battery package?

Zhe Wiz

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MYP, 2015 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
FileMaker Developer
Country flag
I have a reservation for a dual motor and a tri motor. Ordered dual first because I didn’t want to wait an extra year for the tri. Then they moved up the release of the tri and I didn’t want to change the dual to a tri in case it moved me further down the line. Honestly what I REALLY want is a dual motor with the range of the tri. If they offer an extended range dual at launch I’ll be tempted.

I’ll decide what to do in 2.5 years (I ordered the dual a few days after intro, the tri after they announced the earlier release.)

drcarric2650

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150
Country flag
I have changed my order several times and can’t make up my mind. Currently back to Trimotor. Here are my criteria:
I do no towing, minimal hauling, speed is not something I’m into, little off roading, price is small consideration, def FSD.
The trimotor seems like it will last longer, have better resale or trade value, obviously longer range for road trips and camping.
Dual is cheaper, not as much power, lower resale or trade value, shorter range for road and camping trips, maybe I could add more extras to dual (at lower price point) like solar, wheels, interior, def FSD.

Do you think that Trimotor will have other drive train enhancements besides just three motors?
What is your thinking?
I believe that the tri motor will not require torque vectoring to the rear wheels in order to transfer power to each wheel. This will give better power control for the rear two wheels, which should help with traction and four wheeling.

Devix

First Name
Fabrizio
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance
Country flag
The dual is enough, but the range of the tri is a breakthrough. 500mi on that beast???

OP
OP
David R Kirkpatrick

David R Kirkpatrick

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I believe that the tri motor will not require torque vectoring to the rear wheels in order to transfer power to each wheel. This will give better power control for the rear two wheels, which should help with traction and four wheeling.
Yes, never thought of that. The torque vectoring can present a mechanical issue that would be overcome with two back motors. I guess the front end would still have to be vectored?

OP
OP
David R Kirkpatrick

David R Kirkpatrick

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The dual is enough, but the range of the tri is a breakthrough. 500mi on that beast???
Yes, the 500mile battery is exciting for applications outside of mere range like camping lights, stove, heat or ac, tools, backup power, etc. It is especially exciting if it consists of new battery tech (as opposed to just twice as many batteries).

K Doc Brown 007

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Fusion & 2019 Jeep Rubicon
Country flag
I am expecting when the CT gets released the dual motor will have the same range as the tri and good chance the range will be more than what is being said now

I highly doubt... wishful thinking.... but by doing so just about everyone would switch to dual motor for the savings..... business wise that makes zero sense as the top of the line model will bring Tesla the most profits.

Zhe Wiz

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MYP, 2015 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
FileMaker Developer
Country flag
I highly doubt... wishful thinking.... but by doing so just about everyone would switch to dual motor for the savings..... business wise that makes zero sense as the top of the line model will bring Tesla the most profits.
Agreed. And if they offer a “long range” dual motor, it’ll be priced high enough that most people will just to with the tri motor anyway.
Sponsored