Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Step 1. Sell all stock immediately after Elon Musk sends a 4:20 tweet
Step 2. Buy TSLA 5 hours after a 4:20 Tweet
Step 3. Brag about your sophisticated NDA investing strategy

Note: A 4:20 tweet can be sent at any time over a 24 hour period. 5 hours timer begins after market opens.

D77BBF6A-AD20-4CAB-9E86-E3CD935196F1.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Tough crowd. You still have a two drink minimum.

OP
OP

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Cable Guy, Cringeworthy funny

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just Purchased: 2021 F150 Hybrid Platinum
Country flag
It was a tough decision on Tesla vs Peloton, but I picked up some Tesla today. Hopefully, that will be the last of the stock-impacting tweets... but I doubt it.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
It was a tough decision on Tesla vs Peloton, but I picked up some Tesla today. Hopefully, that will be the last of the stock-impacting tweets... but I doubt it.
Are you looking at Peleton for long term growth or as a “Pick up a distressed property at a bargain”?

I’ve never seen the long term prospects of Peleton. I know folks love their bikes, but how many people are buying spin bikes? How long before that market is saturated?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
It's a service market more than a product market.

Also, if you're just buying a stationary bike, there's the basic investment in one's health. Not everyone has or can do the mountains.

-Crissa

OP
OP

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Concern I have with Peloton investing is the subscription cost is similar to gym membership and competing products such as the Mirror offer a perceived greater home gym experience. Plus the mirror is cooler to look at and has a slim footprint.

My 2 cents Is not being wowed. I am biased having an adverse on to any subscriptions.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
It's a service market more than a product market.

Also, if you're just buying a stationary bike, there's the basic investment in one's health. Not everyone has or can do the mountains.

-Crissa
There is a pretty hard cap on the number of people who are willing to invest in an expensive bike and a monthly in home subscription service. There are other platforms in this space too like Zwift and Apple Workouts+. Most of my friends who ride use Zwift, I already have a subscription to Apple Worksouts+.

Those competitors, plus competition from regular outdoor cycling and gyms combined with the fact that so many people just don’t work out at all makes me think this market isn’t going to be huge.

They had a big growth spike due to COVID and reduction in gym use and even group riding, but that is very nearly over. It can be a successful business without being a big growth story.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Concern I have with Peloton investing is the subscription cost is similar to gym membership and competing products such as the Mirror offer a perceived greater home gym experience. Plus the mirror is cooler to look at and has a slim footprint.

My 2 cents Is not being wowed. I am biased having an adverse on to any subscriptions.
I use an immersive VR system which is free to use and captures all of the senses. It’s called “Outside”.

Seems to have a bug somewhere that makes it leak a lot lately though. I used to have the California edition and the water issues were a lot less of a concern, but it kept overheating.

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just Purchased: 2021 F150 Hybrid Platinum
Country flag
Are you looking at Peleton for long term growth or as a “Pick up a distressed property at a bargain”?
Ha, I guess the latter. While I think they do have some good long-term growth potential, I think they are currently undervalued due to mismanagement and lower 2021/2022 growth numbers coming off a the start of the pandemic in 2020 early 2021.

It certainly feels like there is a smear campaign to drive down the stock for a potential buyer (rumored to be apple or amazon). It also feels like it is at the low point and a good time to buy.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
They've been selling the subscriptions to those outside of their bikes. That's the path. Name-recognition. People who don't ride know Peloton.

(I wouldn't invest in them, either)

-Crissa

Huntsman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Heavy Equipment Ops
Country flag
Step 1. Sell all stock immediately after Elon Musk sends a 4:20 tweet
Step 2. Buy TSLA 5 hours after a 4:20 Tweet
Step 3. Brag about your sophisticated NDA investing strategy

Note: A 4:20 tweet can be sent at any time over a 24 hour period. 5 hours timer begins after market opens.

D77BBF6A-AD20-4CAB-9E86-E3CD935196F1.jpeg
I like your strategy.
I note the stock price close of business day before earnings call. Put in for a buy 10% below that number. It will hit in a few days. Then Sell 10% profit. It will take effect before the next earnings call. If this crazy plan worked I would be 40% richer every year. Elon is something else - I still laugh about his April Fools prank - not only is he genius, he has a sense of humor and money means nothing to him (ref Mclaren, “watch this”)
Sponsored