Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I hope people are watching TSLA today. Just broke 1000, almost up 100 pts for the day.
Over $1T market capitalization. Wow!
Tesla Cybertruck TSLA just broke 1000 Tesla 25 Oct 2021 at 2-18PM
Tesla Cybertruck TSLA just broke 1000 Tesla 25 Oct 2021 at close

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
It almost feels like that time I hit the slot machine in Reno and just heard it blinging away for 3 minutes solid dropping coins. Only this time it isn’t nickels and it’s been 2 weeks+.

OP
OP

Deleted member 12457

Still going up with some adjustments. Great day, now let's see it continue.

At this point I'm getting close to paying for the original price of my 2-motor CT. Of course this is pre-tax money so I need to make enough to pay income tax but at least its growth is helping my IRA.

Tesla Cybertruck TSLA just broke 1000 Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 11.58.45 AM

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Still going up with some adjustments. Great day, now let's see it continue.

At this point I'm getting close to paying for the original price of my 2-motor CT. Of course this is pre-tax money so I need to make enough to pay income tax but at least its growth is helping my IRA.

Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 11.58.45 AM.png
What does the OP blue banner mean on your avatar?

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Have no idea. This is my first new post so hopefully I did it right.
I had the same thing. I think it means you are the creator of this thread and commenting in it.

OP
OP

Deleted member 12457

I had the same thing. I think it means you are the creator of this thread and commenting in it.
Yea, I rolled my cursor over my name and it said Thread Stater. Why not TS instead of OP. Doesn't really matter.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I feel it isn't going to stop. Similar to how last year went. Up up and up.
Wall Street responds positively to sales and profit type events. It doesn’t pay attention to technology or to vision. This is exactly the kind of news they would gobble up but it would not support a sustained growth without new, similar events on a regular basis. If the new factories were to open, or if Tesla started making 4680 cells in volume, then there might be enough momentum for a surge. Time will tell…

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Wall Street responds positively to sales and profit type events. It doesn’t pay attention to technology or to vision. This is exactly the kind of news they would gobble up but it would not support a sustained growth without new, similar events on a regular basis. If the new factories were to open, or if Tesla started making 4680 cells in volume, then there might be enough momentum for a surge. Time will tell…
I posted about this a little while ago, lots of catalysts hitting over the next 12-18 months. I’m betting we hit $2 trillion by 2024.

Once Wall Street figures out that 90% of new cars in the US will be EV by 2030, people will start need to revise their estimates as they try and figure out who can scale that quickly. Right now I think they are still stuck on that 50% number and taking Ford and GM seriously still.

OP
OP

Deleted member 12457

I posted about this a little while ago, lots of catalysts hitting over the next 12-18 months. I’m betting we hit $2 trillion by 2024.

Once Wall Street figures out that 90% of new cars in the US will be EV by 2030, people will start need to revise their estimates as they try and figure out who can scale that quickly. Right now I think they are still stuck on that 50% number and taking Ford and GM seriously still.
Personally, I doubt more than 40-50% of new cars in the US will be EVs since the UAW and Wall Street has too much invested in ICE-related stocks, like Big Oil. I don't trust anything Wall Street says because they make money no matter what happens. Do I hope 90% of new cars will be EV? Of course I do, as long as the electric power and battery infrastructure increases to handle them. Unfortunately, almost every existing gas station will be considered a superfund cleanup site (maybe only a semi-superfund site) requiring a lot of cleanup effort before converting them to EV charging stations and repair shops. Some states might not care about this and even the US government might not care but the people in Flint would really like to be able to drink their water instead of having it catch on fire. This could be the single most expensive process when going away from ICE vehicles.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Personally, I doubt more than 40-50% of new cars in the US will be EVs since the UAW and Wall Street has too much invested in ICE-related stocks, like Big Oil.
UAW, Wall Street, and the US Government don’t really have a ton of influence over this.

The cost of EVs is coming down every year. The Cybertruck is one of the big examples of this, a $50k electric pickup was ludicrous when it launched and many still think the idea is ludicrous, but it is coming. The cost and convenience of running EVs is way lower than ICE vehicles already and the gap is only increasing.

As more and more companies start making EVs, cost pressures and economies of scale will only increase. ICE vehicles are at their peak, EVs are only going to keep getting better and less expensive.

The amount of time where ICE and EVs are sold side-by-side is going to be fairly short.