James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Nissan Frontier, 2013 Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Musician/Yogi
Country flag
Oh, yeah, being able to run sans generator is a big advantage for a venue.

When I first wired together LED lighting and my car battery and solar the guys on the rave circuit were amazed. I would have this bright, comfortable space without the intrusion of the noise from a generator. And it'd run all night!

And in the last morning, I used a panel to recharge a car whose battery went flat ^-^

-Crissa
Rad!!!
Sponsored

OP
OP
HardyBro2

HardyBro2

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Musician/Yogi
Country flag
Hadn’t really thought about this, but the Cybertruck is the perfect compliment for a band and impromptu outdoor venues.

Roll up, unload the gear, plug your amps, lights, and gear into the truck for power.

Party ON
100% play anywhere

OP
OP
HardyBro2

HardyBro2

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Musician/Yogi
Country flag
Good question.

Currently I have a truck shell, and a utility trailer which I like for working in any weather. Also both are deliberatly extra height so I can stand up in the utility trailer, and not have to bend over so much in the truck shell, which is hard on my back with heavy materials and tools.

Here's an idea for someone: I think it would be neat to have a shell for the CT that would raise and lower, similar to a pop up camper, but better and designed just for the CT. You could have it down for driving to keep drag down at speed, and then raise it up to be able to get in it for ease of accessing your stuff.

Don't know if anyone will produce such a thing. But if they did I would be a customer for it.
You seen the Cyberlandr?

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
You could always do a covered slide out draw that only comes out after you open the vault cover. That way you can use the whole bed volume and it stays covered whilst you unload the draw from around the sides.

P.S. For outdoor use you could then even leave all the equipment setup on the drawer and use the CT as a "prop" for the stage.

Last edited:

OP
OP
HardyBro2

HardyBro2

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Musician/Yogi
Country flag
You could always do a covered slide out draw that only comes out after you open the vault cover. That way you can use the whole bed volume and it stays covered whilst you unload the draw from around the sides.

P.S. For outdoor use you could then even leave all the equipment setup on the drawer and use the CT as a "prop" for the stage.
Good idea

Hunter

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Nissan Leaf, Toyota Tachoma, Jeeps
Occupation
General Contractor, retired / Electronics designer/manufacture & software developer in years past
Country flag
You seen the Cyberlandr?
Thanks. I'm looking for a construction-work-shell for contracting business, not a fun time camping shell, although I also love camping very much.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Thanks. I'm looking for a construction-work-shell for contracting business, not a fun time camping shell, although I also love camping very much.
What would this shell do?

The Cyberlandr is meant to be a work or sleeping space. So if you need an office, that would do it.

If you're trying to keep more stuff than will fit under the tonneau dry, well, no, that wouldn't be helpful.

-Crissa

Hunter

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Nissan Leaf, Toyota Tachoma, Jeeps
Occupation
General Contractor, retired / Electronics designer/manufacture & software developer in years past
Country flag
What would this shell do?

-Crissa
Flexibility. I've often got different loads of stuff in the truck. Some heavy, like bags of concrete, or tool boxes, with some boxes of supplies on top, some lumber, rebar or pipes on the lumber rack, for example. Sometimes some of this stuff needs security, like tools when I'm in town. I need a work truck with a flexible shell and a lumber rack of sorts on top. If you're not really familiar with what that is I can't really help you. Thanks for asking. Sorry. It would be good if I could reasonably easily offload it when I don't need it.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Flexibility.
And the tonneau wouldn't work for that?

I wonder if you could make a lumber rack that folded under the tonneau when you didn't need it. Like, the cross-bars hinged, the longitudinal bars telescoping, just bolting down onto the hard points when folded out, extended, and deployed. Then tied down in the back under the tonneau when not needed...

-Crissa

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Flexibility. I've often got different loads of stuff in the truck. Some heavy, like bags of concrete, or tool boxes, with some boxes of supplies on top, some lumber, rebar or pipes on the lumber rack, for example. Sometimes some of this stuff needs security, like tools when I'm in town. I need a work truck with a flexible shell and a lumber rack of sorts on top. If you're not really familiar with what that is I can't really help you. Thanks for asking. Sorry. It would be good if I could reasonably easily offload it when I don't need it.
It sounds like just mounting a lumber rack on the Cybertruck would be perfect. Would burn into range a bit, but if you use it mostly in town that shouldn’t be a big problem.

Lots of secure storage built in. I‘ve been eyeballing a slide out bed tray.

Gvardaman

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW 330ci, VW Corrado (non-op)
Occupation
Country flag
Not sure if this was mentioned, but in the roll-out, they lowered the rear before deploying the tailgate ramp. So, yes!
Sponsored