Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Cybertruck
Country flag
UPDATED 2/1/24 WITH EXPLANATION / REASON FOR RECALL:

cybertruck aero wheel cover recall issue .jpg

Original post:

Well - another issue just popped up. I was delivered my CT on the 24th without covers. No explanation other than they would be sending a tech to install the caps on the 1st.

Tomorrow is the 1st and I just received another message that they won’t be delivering becuase they are investigating all the covers and they won’t be delivering the caps until March.

this sounds a bit like nightmare you can’t make up. I get they are only the finish wheel hubs, but seems insane.

Anyone else having this issue?
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Coltpete

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Country flag
Well - another issue just popped up. I was delivered my CT on the 24th without covers. No explanation other than they would be sending a tech to install the caps on the 1st.

tomorrow is the 1st and I just received another message that they won’t be delivering becuase they are recalling all the covers and they won’t be delivering the caps until March.

this sounds a bit like nightmare you can’t make up. I get they are only the finish wheel hubs, but seems insane.

Anyone else having this issue?
What a mess. I think this production ramp is going to end up being slower than we anticipate. This will no doubt get sorted out but for it to take 2 months? Which means all the hundreds or a few thousands of trucks that get made between now and then will have the same issue? Yikes.

swengl

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model Y
Country flag
The good news: the aero wheel covers are not critical to the operation of the vehicle itself, so they should not impede the vehicle ramp. The covers do have an impact on range efficiency, which is primarily why I would want them installed.

Obsoletion

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla S P100D, 2020 Tesla X Performance, 2017 Ram 3500 Megacab Cummins
Country flag
Doesn't seem like a big issue to me. I know they had some issues with them coming off and my guess is that they are having to redesign and make or modify the injection molds which takes time. Seems to make sense to keep making the truck and get them delivered and put the covers on later...

cyberSD619

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model x and model y
Country flag
looks good with without aero covers but I too would be upset if covers weren’t included on delivery.

I was given a courtesy call prior to taken delivery of mine that there may be some items not available at delivery and those items would be mailed to me at a later date.. fortunately all those items were included when I took delivery.

REM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Telsa Model 3 Standard Range+ Extra Supermega
Occupation
IT
Country flag
It's a bit of a stretch to label this as "insane".

Outdoors

First Name
Outdoors
Threads
Reaction score
Montana, Michigan, Florida (when we are cold)
Vehicles
2017 S100D / 2017 Model3 /2024 Y/ FE AWD CYBRTRK
Country flag

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 model y, cybertruck foundation awd (ordered)
Country flag