Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
If there are major changes to the prototype other than mirrors, wipers or batteries, I’m out and going with hummer. I ordered my Cybertruck in the beginning based on the prototypes look and size I’m not trying to buy an electric ranger. I don’t feel I’m the only one that feels this way, other than those that have always bought subcompact vehicles with a small garage or no garage. They can wait for the sub compact pickup of the future. I want a big ground pounding bullet proof tank that can blast thru road blocks at lightning speed and laugh all the the competition. HELL YAAAAAAA
Yep! As long as it will fit in my garage and parking spaces. For what it is worth, Elon first said 5% smaller, then he said 3% smaller, then he said same size, then I heard somewhere one inch narrower and 6 inches shorter, so it is anybody's guess. Guess we'll have to wait "a month or so" to find out for this revision. Guess you could always put those "monster truck" car smashing wheels on it if that suits you. Maybe cheaper (and bigger) than a Hummer EV.
Sponsored

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I would like to see a 400+ miles Dual Motor.
Any idea of when this announcement will take place, does Tesla have something else going on in December where this could be included or will it be all about the CT.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I am expecting at some time the same battery pack that the Tri motor has to be available on DM
So perhaps a DM LR?

Delusional

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
C'mon, C'mon, C'MON! Get this thing moving!
I can't wait another day! DETAILS, DETAILS, I NEED DETAILS!
And they better let some people crawl all over it with cameras and even calipers.
None of this six feet away behind a velvet rope schtick. Fuzzy pictures on a screen crap.

I want to know what REALLY is going to be used for bed tie downs... where the ladder rack attachment points are... exactly how the rear seat is fastened to the floor.
And a thousand more... The little things mean a lot.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
C'mon, C'mon, C'MON! Get this thing moving!
I can't wait another day! DETAILS, DETAILS, I NEED DETAILS!
And they better let some people crawl all over it with cameras and even calipers.
None of this six feet away behind a velvet rope schtick. Fuzzy pictures on a screen crap.

I want to know what REALLY is going to be used for bed tie downs... where the ladder rack attachment points are... exactly how the rear seat is fastened to the floor.
And a thousand more... The little things mean a lot.
I have a HD image that shows those things. I reduced the size on this graphic but here it is.
Tesla Cybertruck Updated CyberTruck to be shown in a month or so AFTER WE GET THE 8000 TON CASTING MACHINE RUNNING! attachpoints

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have a HD image that shows those things. I reduced the size on this graphic but here it is.
attachpoints.jpg
Now with a rack mounted to these points, and with an inch or so clearance from the body and the tailgates adjustable flip up flap raised to stop whatever you were carrying sliding off I wonder what length of pipe, sheet or timber you could strap to that rack before you overhang the top of the windscreen, not that overhanging it would be a major issue but keeping it below that point would make it more aerodynamic. Just a thought.

Geo

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru STI, KTM450EXC
Country flag
Now with a rack mounted to these points, and with an inch or so clearance from the body and the tailgates adjustable flip up flap raised to stop whatever you were carrying sliding off I wonder what length of pipe, sheet or timber you could strap to that rack before you overhang the top of the windscreen, not that overhanging it would be a major issue but keeping it below that point would make it more aerodynamic. Just a thought.
Tesla Cybertruck Updated CyberTruck to be shown in a month or so AFTER WE GET THE 8000 TON CASTING MACHINE RUNNING! 1606026753034

Bluechip506

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Mazda CX9, Mazda Miata
Country flag
I would think that most racks for carrying longer things would still be horizontal and not sloping. No need to follow the lines of the roof. 16' kayaks would be nose high and just catching the wind on a sloping rack. Bike racks would be fine following the slope.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I would think that most racks for carrying longer things would still be horizontal and not sloping. No need to follow the lines of the roof. 16' kayaks would be nose high and just catching the wind on a sloping rack. Bike racks would be fine following the slope.
The less they catch the wind, the less range is lost. That's why the standard bike rack offered for a Tesla is on the back bumper.

-Crissa
Sponsored