Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
I always make sure when I buy a machete, it's made of the best paper
Compressed paper of course! Really, that white dash looks gawd awful! A Model 3 "wood" version or even a blackened SS would be better. Honestly, almost ANYTHING would be better than the whitish paper, even black vinyl. ANYTHING except white paper!
Sponsored

azjohn

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Country flag
Tesla could make a dash of compressed paper/cardboard and cover with some sort of vegan vinyl and you would never know the difference

I have seen some cardboard tubes that come in large rolls of plastic that are very hard and could be used as a weapon, its actually amazing what you can do with "paper"

NiceGuyMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Occupation
Electro/Mechanical Tech
Country flag
I'll be disappointed if he makes it smaller. Go big or go home. :)
I might be going home. I'm not sure I still want the CT because of its size. The sterile inside is starting to remind me of military vehicles I rode/drove. Even my old 1968 K5 Blazer had more inside appeal. So now it is a wait to see one up close. And then decide if I want to spend $50k on a CT or pay off the house. Being in line at 236K, I have a long time to think. Just a thought.:unsure:

OP
OP
Ehninger1212

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Tesla could make a dash of compressed paper/cardboard and cover with some sort of vegan vinyl and you would never know the difference

I have seen some cardboard tubes that come in large rolls of plastic that are very hard and could be used as a weapon, its actually amazing what you can do with "paper"
An architect by the name of Shiguru Ban has created actual buildings using cardboard (paper) tube as structure.

Here is some of his work. One example, the cathedral, built in 2011AFAIK it is still standing today.

Paper structures.

OP
OP
Ehninger1212

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
We should be inching closer and closer to the reveal of the tweaked CyberTruck design!

C T Rick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Dodge Sprinter 3500, 2015 Nissan NV 3500, 2013 Chevy Traverse
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor
Country flag
Can't deduct the CT from your taxes.

But like you said, lots of time before the question actually pops up.

-Crissa
You sure can as a contractor who uses it for work. Might need to install a sub meter or have some way of tracking annual power cost so that can be deducted too like gasoline purchases.
Of course road tax is now incorporated into our annual registration in California.
Rick

NiceGuyMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Occupation
Electro/Mechanical Tech
Country flag
Can't deduct the CT from your taxes.

But like you said, lots of time before the question actually pops up.

-Crissa
The interest not paid is much better for my financial situation.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
An architect by the name of Shiguru Ban has created actual buildings using cardboard (paper) tube as structure.

Here is some of his work. One example, the cathedral, built in 2011AFAIK it is still standing today.

Paper structures.
Pray for no leaks?

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Pray for no leaks?
The difference between compressed paper and paper is like the difference between graphite and diamond (both are carbon). Compressed paper is used in labs because its very durable, resists stains and heat better than other durable counter tops and is softer and lighter than quartz or silica. It is an excellent choice for a dashboard. People that call it a paper dash are either uneducated about the material or cannot conceive a dashboard made of anything other than plastic which is unsustainable, fades, cracks, and emits voc. New car smell anyone to go with your new cancer?

azjohn

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Country flag
The difference between compressed paper and paper is like the difference between graphite and diamond (both are carbon). Compressed paper is used in labs because its very durable, resists stains and heat better than other durable counter tops and is softer and lighter than quartz or silica. It is an excellent choice for a dashboard. People that call it a paper dash are either uneducated about the material or cannot conceive a dashboard made of anything other than plastic which is unsustainable, fades, cracks, and emits voc. New car smell anyone to go with your new cancer?
the labs I have worked in all used Stainless Steel, its the easiest to sanitize and is not porous which can enable bacteria growth

OP
OP
Ehninger1212

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
the labs I have worked in all used Stainless Steel, its the easiest to sanitize and is not porous which can enable bacteria growth
I guess its in all the labs you haven't worked in yet ?

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I didn't mean meth labs. Its the difference between fiberglass composite and glass.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
On November 1st Elon tweeted maybe in a month or so he'd give us an update on the changes to the CyberTruck. Today is December 2nd. According to my calculations today is exactly "a month or so". Where's my update! :)

OP
OP
Ehninger1212

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
On November 1st Elon tweeted maybe in a month or so he'd give us an update on the changes to the CyberTruck. Today is December 2nd. According to my calculations today is exactly "a month or so". Where's my update! :)
I am thinking exactly the same thing haha. GRRRR:mad:
Sponsored