TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
I've very excited to see the update. It would be amazing to see things like an opening glass roof or a passthrough mid-gate, but on the more tempered side I'm hoping for a refined interior and some exterior design tweaks. I think it could really use a few more accent elements, like a little more black trim and features here and there, making it a little less "slab" like from certain angles. Cooler wheels would also be good. And hopefully we see a production-ready frunk and other claimed features, etc.

OP
OP
Ehninger1212

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I've very excited to see the update. It would be amazing to see things like an opening glass roof or a passthrough mid-gate, but on the more tempered side I'm hoping for a refined interior and some exterior design tweaks. I think it could really use a few more accent elements, like a little more black trim and features here and there, making it a little less "slab" like from certain angles. Cooler wheels would also be good. And hopefully we see a production-ready frunk and other claimed features, etc.
I hoping for as few as possible actual design changes, more functional changes. Like you are saying a pass through would be awesome. Hoping to actually see the side storage sails open and what it looks like inside. Maybe they will have a version with "base" wheels and tires.. because I doubt they will be mud terrain tires. We will either see side view mirrors or what Tesla is using instead? I cant wait!

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
I hoping for as few as possible actual design changes, more functional changes. Like you are saying a pass through would be awesome. Hoping to actually see the side storage sails open and what it looks like inside. Maybe they will have a version with "base" wheels and tires.. because I doubt they will be mud terrain tires. We will either see side view mirrors or what Tesla is using instead? I cant wait!
I hate hubcaps with every ounce of my being, so I'd like to see some sweet rims. Really want a full pass-through. The wife and I camp a few times a year to watch a concert or hang out at the beach. We do it in our challenger right now - and it's not too bad - but a big open flat truck would be so much better. I'm happy with the design too, so I'm really hoping for some mild upgrades and a more street ready model.

OP
OP
Ehninger1212

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I hate hubcaps with every ounce of my being, so I'd like to see some sweet rims. Really want a full pass-through. The wife and I camp a few times a year to watch a concert or hang out at the beach. We do it in our challenger right now - and it's not too bad - but a big open flat truck would be so much better. I'm happy with the design too, so I'm really hoping for some mild upgrades and a more street ready model.
Oh yes! The pass through and camping are pretty much top of my list! Also hoping they mention more about the solar panels.

Reactions: Geo

Cebliminal

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R/T Durango, Harley Davidsons, Toyota Tundra 4x4 put deposit down for Cybertruck
Occupation
Executive Chef/Food & Beverage Director
Country flag
tesla-pickup-truck-1a.jpg

Pic from Teslarati.
This is great news. I was emailing another CT reservation holder this morning saying;

"I'm most interested in seeing what the final product is going to look like. There's going to be some design changes (mirrors?...windshield wiper(s)...will it be more rounded at all?...will there be any design form stamped into the hood, tailgate, or quarter panels?...will there be any badging on it? It doesn't say Tesla or Cybertruck anywhere on it now...Will it get a pass thru from the bed to the cabin?...What upgrade options are going to be available?...Will it have any type of 4 wheel steering?...Are 35" tires really coming standard?...Finally I want to see the complete specs; battery size, turn radius, suspension, wheel travel, miles per charge; get rid of the 500+ and just tell us 530 or 600 whatever the + actually means.)"

I'm excited again.
If there are major changes to the prototype other than mirrors, wipers or batteries, I’m out and going with hummer. I ordered my Cybertruck in the beginning based on the prototypes look and size I’m not trying to buy an electric ranger. I don’t feel I’m the only one that feels this way, other than those that have always bought subcompact vehicles with a small garage or no garage. They can wait for the sub compact pickup of the future. I want a big ground pounding bullet proof tank that can blast thru road blocks at lightning speed and laugh all the the competition. HELL YAAAAAAA

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
If there are major changes to the prototype other than mirrors, wipers or batteries, I’m out and going with hummer. I ordered my Cybertruck in the beginning based on the prototypes look and size I’m not trying to buy an electric ranger. I don’t feel I’m the only one that feels this way, other than those that have always bought subcompact vehicles with a small garage or no garage. They can wait for the sub compact pickup of the future. I want a big ground pounding bullet proof tank that can blast thru road blocks at lightning speed and laugh all the the competition. HELL YAAAAAAA

Not sure how you can say you'd be out if you don't know what the major changes might be. What if you like the changes even more. Like most of us, not looking for the tight world truck, I'm not looking for it to get any smaller. I just want to start seeing some confirmed changes & final specs.

powersjr2

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Outback
Country flag
I am hoping for 6" shorter in total vehicle length .... to fit in 80% of standard garages!