Idaho_7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM 3/4 ton
Country flag
New Optional passenger ejection seat. Warning on seat says: ⚠ Caution this seat contains Rocket thrusters: Argue or Insult driver at your own risk ⚠
With the rioting and looting in the city streets now days, you may want to add an optional Driver's ejection seat along with the passenger's.
Sponsored

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
powersjr2 said: comment might be about the wolverine version.
I am hoping for 6" shorter in total vehicle length .... to fit in 80% of standard garages!
Elon has said recently the size will not be changed
I wonder if commenter powersjr2 was talking about the Wolverine version.

Where should the 6" come from (cabin or 6.5' bed)?
I prefer it be from cabin.
My comment was about Wolverine version

I agree the full-size Cybertruck should not change overall size.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I expect that's a placeholder dash.
Would be interesting to see people start to customize things like the placeholder dash. If it is an easy replacement part I could imagine people designing their own ideal dash with all sorts of accessories. But with the locking glove box and the way the screen is attached I'm guessing its not quite so easy to do that.

Has anyone seen any other Tesla's where the owner modified the dash in some interesting way?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Has anyone seen any other Tesla's where the owner modified the dash in some interesting way?
That sounds like its own thread, honestly. With how big and flat it is, and how much trucks are as much a camp or office space, and owned by people who consider themselves handy, I'd expect it.

Though plastic fabbing of that size is a little more difficult.

-Crissa

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
That sounds like its own thread, honestly. With how big and flat it is, and how much trucks are as much a camp or office space, and owned by people who consider themselves handy, I'd expect it.

Though plastic fabbing of that size is a little more difficult.

-Crissa
I had thought about it but didn't in the moment make a separate thread. I have now.

Twinmaples

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3; Cyber Truck Tri Motor
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I haven't seen anything about the camping option. Would love a few details on looks, functionality.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
If Tesla does this and makes the CT look like a trashy Rivan I will cancel my 3 motor order. I do NOT want something that looks like an inferior rival.
Personally I would be sad if they changed the design to this. But design isn’t my biggest decision point. However the switch to this design would mean getting rid of the 3mm SS exoskeleton. For me this would be a HUGE loss. Just on a durability front, the exoskeleton allows me to use the CT on a much more fun way without dealing with the typical fragility of normal vehicles. Without the SS exoskeleton, I would have to reevaluate the CT vs the other options out there. Based on cost, FSD, and battery power I might still choose CT. But it would be a much closer call.

T3slaDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, RWD Cybertruck
Country flag
...will there be any badging on it? It doesn't say Tesla or Cybertruck anywhere on it now...
You're 100% right, it doesn't say Cybertruck, it SCREAMS Cybertruck!!?

Everyone will know what you're driving and who made it from 5 miles away, no badges needed.

Frankenblob

First Name
Frank, USA is the BEST. Communism SUX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M38A-1, Trans-am
Country flag
Pass thru with environmental controls ✔

A floating/manual emergency/parking brake completely independent of ALL computer controls (those pesky "Russian hackers") ✔

Keep it the same size ✔

Airless tires ✔

The ability to do a "tank turn" ✔

Keep it stainless steel (the prototype), UNLESS the upgrade performs better, lasts longer and doesnt add needless weight ✔

Remove the monitor and have the display on the lower quadrant of the front window or on an angled "glass display" on the section between the windsield and the "paper dash"✔

Last edited:

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
You're 100% right, it doesn't say Cybertruck, it SCREAMS Cybertruck!!?

Everyone will know what you're driving and who made it from 5 miles away, no badges needed.
I don't care if they do or don't. I'm just curious if they will. I don't think any vehicle has ever been produced without some sort of badge.
Sponsored