UPDATED PRICING (Post Inflation fears): Harley Livewire S2 Del Mar launching today at 12:40 CST

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Only info up right now is $100 reservation for spring 2023 launch.

No info on refundable reservation or anything else.
https://www.livewire.com/delmar

2 hours we'll see.

I'm ready to put a deposit down as long as it's refundable. But I would only buy it if it came in under 10k which I highly doubt based on Harleys track record for pricing.

My guess is they consider it affordable at 12-15k which is barely 5k less than the livewire one.

Ha
Sponsored

OP
OP
Throwcomputer

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Thats what I can't tell. are they referring to only 100 of the "launch edition"? Or are they referring to finishing 1st out of 100 in a flat track race? Not very clear? We'll find out in 10 min. Just strange they don't seem to have a live stream or event somewhere to watch. I'm assuming the website will just unceremoniously update at 1:40 with all the details.

OP
OP
Throwcomputer

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
HAHAHAH. Even worse than my expected 12-15k price range! They are so delusional with that cheaper than 21k Livewire One model!!! Yeah cheaper by 3.5k! $17,699 is not a mid range cheap model. No thanks!

Also.. literally zero specs on anything. Whats the range? Whats the Battery Capacity? Whats the Top Speed? Whats the charging time?

HAHAHAHA

Harley never fails to miss the target.

OP
OP
Throwcomputer

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
I love how they announced earlier this year that they expect to sell over 100k ev units by 2026.

They sold a total of 1648 units of the Harley Livewire before it spun off into its own brand and including the new iteration as the Livewire one . And they expect to sell 100k units by 2026. What a joke! They are including the ev bicycle sales in that 100k units target. It will break down to something like 90k ev bikes and 10k livewires across the 2 models or however many they finally have by 2026.

Every decision they make for the past half a decade has me wishing they go under!

Last edited:

OP
OP
Throwcomputer

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
https://electrek.co/2022/05/10/harl...del-mar-electric-motorcycle-teases-3rd-model/

80hp (60kW). 420lb curb weight. 100 mi range.

Production version target price is $15,000. Exactly what I expected. Still not as they describe it "more affordable version for younger customer base".

Younger customer base is 12k and less affordable and even that is stretching it.
I can get an Arcimoto for a little more than that.

If you include state incentives, the Arcimoto is the same price. The Arcimoto isn’t a “Motorcycle”, but similar niche, with more capacity roof, 2 comfortable seats. Similar range.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
And you can buy a Zero with that range and power, a wide range of weights and capabilities, and colors... today.

Sure, it's a fancy beast, but it's not particularly competitive otherwise.

-Crissa

https://www.zeromotorcycles.com
...their pricing does seem stolen straight from their top-two competitors...
https://configurator.energicamotor.com/us

(Don't forget the Aptera link in my signature! 👇 )

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
Are there incentives for EV bikes? I never even considered that as a possibility. Seems like they would want to encourage them.

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
I am seeing up to $750 on the Zero.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Zeros are perfect for the Bay Area. They have enough range to get anywhere in a county and back. And you get to lane-split and filter, so congestion is no longer a worry.

If you need to go further, you either need a bigger Zero SR/ or an Energica; they have freeway legs. An Energica can hop from DC charger to DC charger pretty endlessly. Zeros take a teensy more planning since you need to ferret out the 11kW+ AC points and make sure you have the Premium and Charge Tank addons and a TeslaTap equivalent. But they can take advantage of the 6kW ones that are so common while the Energica tops out at 3kW AC now.

-Crissa

KrodEKid

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota corolla, Mazda 5
Country flag
I found a local Harley Dealer had a used Livewire for sale a mile from where I worked. I went over during a quick break and they let me ride around the lot since I forgot my wallet at work 🙃 Just that little trip was too tempting for me, it was super fun to ride. 👌Not so tempting to throw 20k on it.

I've swung my leg over a zero but didn't have the chance to take it for a spin.

I would probably buy a Kollter for my price range and personal needs if there was a dealer nearby. But Jersey is a ways away.

Like Crissa, I have a Aptera reservation. I expect it to be fun to drive but I would still love to have a bike for nicer blue sky days. 🤔 🤔 🤔

OP
OP
Throwcomputer

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Same here. I'm tempted to try to find a used livewire... until I see their used prices are still outrageous. They are not long for this world. Pricing themselves out of business.
Sponsored