g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
https://driveteslacanada.ca/cybertr...-launch-while-showing-off-new-cybrhex-wheels/

Tesla Tuner Unplugged Performance teases some cool new wheels for the CT, with the line "arriving sooner than expected". They've become tight with Tesla, which might mean they know the production ramp up is going well.
Saw that. Their follow up ā€œweā€™re talking about our wheels guyzā€ was funny. Someone didnā€™t appreciate them talking out. Canā€™t really fall it ramp can we? There isnā€™t any production yet.

alas, sounding like positive. Comeooooon November event.

I was talking to Tailosive earlier. He doesnā€™t think there will be a November event. Heā€™s pretty pessimistic I think however. Itā€™s in his own interest that it doesnā€™t come out for another 2 years though ha

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck UPP Teases Early Cybertruck, Wheels Fe0FGXVUAAAy_WS?format=jpg&name=small

I like the look. Even though I think the rubber is too wide for the CT.

But they won't produce thrust in boat mode. ;)

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Saw that. Their follow up ā€œweā€™re talking about our wheels guyzā€ was funny. Someone didnā€™t appreciate them talking out. Canā€™t really fall it ramp can we? There isnā€™t any production yet.

alas, sounding like positive. Comeooooon November event.

I was talking to Tailosive earlier. He doesnā€™t think there will be a November event. Heā€™s pretty pessimistic I think however. Itā€™s in his own interest that it doesnā€™t come out for another 2 years though ha
You are right about Tailosive. I stopped watching his stuff a year ago. I saw the thing about the wheels and thought they were talking abbout the wheels, but it was BS click bait.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
Iā€™m not crazy about the design since they donā€™t convey a futuristic look. I canā€™t wait to see what OEM wheels Tesla plans on offering for the Cybertruck.

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
Iā€™m not crazy about the design since they donā€™t convey a futuristic look. I canā€™t wait to see what OEM wheels Tesla plans on offering for the Cybertruck.
Not a fan either I can't wait for Tesla to show exactly the same wheels that were shown at the reveal, they were perfect.

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, Model X P100D
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
Love those rims! Look very cool.

I have the Uber Turbine wheels on my Y and although they look cool, they are just WAITING for curb rash, not sure why Tesla designed them to be so protruding, so I might consider after market rims for th CT if Tesla screw up the OEM ones.

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
I've said it before on this forum.
My CT will have Cragar SS's and Lake Pipes just to keep the Luddites guessing.

chalupa808

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Cybertruck
Country flag
Fe0FGXVUAAAy_WS?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

I like the look. Even though I think the rubber is too wide for the CT.

But they won't produce thrust in boat mode. ;)
So you're saying that we won't be scraping the lip of our rims on curbs? I'll take it lol

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
So you're saying that we won't be scraping the lip of our rims on curbs? I'll take it lol
Actually, I am saying that the wheel rims are to wide overall for an EV, for decent onroad efficiency. They look like 315 wide already on those wheels.

But the amount of tyre offset on those wheels, to protect the rim from scrubbing agains tthe curb etc, is still not enough with those tyres either. Meaning even wider tyres would be needed on those rims to protect them. Something like a 340, which is even wider and worse for on road range.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Narrower, relatively, promotes sidewall bulge - very offroad-y good trait. That also leans into lower p.s.i. tire inflation - very offroad. Shitty Whr/km

Wider, technically, addresses contact patch - very traction forward. IDK, how contact patch improves efficiency. Rolling resistance favors lower p.s.i. SO it all goes out the window when everybody armors-up MT treads on aftermarket rims anyway.

All the suspension geometry changes with changed offsets, handling changes and the Cybertruck bites the big one as its a dog onroad.
Sponsored