Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
  • Banned
Read somewhere this question in RV forum on someone who is planning in 'caravaning" in Europe with his Cybertruck with FSD.

The question, I guess, is whether the US-made Cybertruck's FSD will be able to navigate some of the European roads with different traffic protocols, right-sided steering wheel/left lane driving. Or whether it's even be allowed.
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Read somewhere this question in RV forum on someone who is planning in 'caravaning" in Europe with his Cybertruck with FSD.

The question, I guess, is whether the US-made Cybertruck's FSD will be able to navigate some of the European roads with different traffic protocols, right-sided steering wheel/left lane driving. Or whether it's even be allowed.
It's a long ways off.

But the road laws are not all that different in the EU. It's all 'stay between the lines' and often better marked than in the US.

-Crissa

OP
OP

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
  • Banned
@Crissa - indeed, that's the most basic. And yet, i'm asking myself on how FSD will cope with the driving down South and in a lot of Asian countries where drivers are not exactly respectful of separation of lanes.

And if in Europe, will the FSD recognize that the driving lanes has changed from right to left -- and vice versa?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
@Crissa - indeed, that's the most basic. And yet, i'm asking myself on how FSD will cope with the driving down South and in a lot of Asian countries where drivers are not exactly respectful of separation of lanes.

And if in Europe, will the FSD recognize that the driving lanes has changed from right to left -- and vice versa?
FSD learns from those around it. Follow the leader. And the right-to-left is easily a geofenced thing. Why wouldn't it?

-Crissa

OP
OP

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
  • Banned
Yeah, that's what I said, if Elon has been able to land a rocket in a barge, how much more difficult it is for the FSD to determine that it's entering a left-hand lane jurisdictions. It will be a little more complicated in Asia where right of way is determined on whose vehicle's nose is ahead of an intersection of lane-merge. and there are 3 cars side-by-side by inches in a single lane. lol.
Sponsored