Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda ridgeline
Occupation
Electrician/inventor/retired
Country flag
Ventilated seats.I was hoping that somebody has heard if Tesla is going to be putting ventilated seats in the cyber truck . I’m not sure what other Teslas have ventilated seats. I would love to have that option.
Sponsored

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Ventilated seats.I was hoping that somebody has heard if Tesla is going to be putting ventilated seats in the cyber truck . I’m not sure what other Teslas have ventilated seats. I would love to have that option.
For me, I want this over a midgate pass through. Cool nether regions on a hot day, don’t knock it.

Please, bathe first if riding with passengers

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I think Tesla will put them in. I feel like the Cybertruck will be considered part of their luxury lineup and anyone who buys a Cybertruck for work would greatly appreciate a ventilated seat after working outside on a hot day.

I'm hoping it's available for all Cybertrucks, but it's also possible that with the price difference between the single motor and tri motor, there might be some features that aren't on all Cybertrucks.

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I think the Cybertruck will qualify as a luxury vehicle. It will personally be one in my own terms but from the features the Cybertruck has, I think it will be seen as luxury by a lot.

The leather seats are definitely one reason. With or without ventilated seats, Tesla seats are seen as very good quality and comfortable. Tesla also has front and rear heated seats which help as well.

Full glass roofs. Definitely one of the things that are easy to find on any new Tesla is the glass roofs. It makes the vehicle feel more open and gives a great view of the stars if you decide to camp in the back.

Air Suspension. This is something that was a huge factor when the Ram 1500 won luxury vehicle of the year. The air suspension that Ram put in made their truck get rid of that 'drives like a truck' feeling. The Cybertruck is going even further with active air suspension which will allow you to adjust the height to be perfect for any drive.

Handleless/mirrorless. The truck not only will look more sleek; but to have screens instead of mirrors will make the car feel like it's not just a new vehicle but a new generation of vehicle and the handleless doors popping open for you will probably feel pretty cool.

Vault. This might just be me but a built in cover that turns the bed into a vault to keep all of my stuff safe from being taken, that can be deployed by the push of a button, and is strong enough for me to walk on. That feels like a luxury options for me.

Then we can also consider the stalkless driving, the ambient lighting from the light bars, the sunvisors that seem like they fit perfectly in the A pillar and are hardly noticable, and of course the amazing software that is available in every Tesla.

Even if Tesla doesn't add any of the things that were mentioned as possibilities, I can't help but see this truck as luxury.

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
Ventilated seats would be nice, but at the CT's price point, I don't think it'll come standard with them.

As far as the midgate desires, the design almost all but rules that out. It may have a roll down rear window, I see that as possible, but definitely no fold down midgate. Of course, I'd love to be proven wrong in this regard.

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Ventilated seats would be nice, but at the CT's price point, I don't think it'll come standard with them.

As far as the midgate desires, the design almost all but rules that out. It may have a roll down rear window, I see that as possible, but definitely no fold down midgate. Of course, I'd love to be proven wrong in this regard.
I agree. Although, ventilated seats could eventually become standard in all Tesla vehicles and just software locked. I don't know what the cost would be to Tesla to have a ventilated seat instead of the current seats. If the price is within a reasonable difference, I could see Tesla adding that in as a feature that could be unlocked on the app for a fee. I love how Tesla did that with the rear seats since it allows anyone to get rear seats with a small fee on the app, rather than an expensive upgrade at a service center.

As for the midgate, most of us have come to the same conclusion and all of us want Tesla to pull an elephant out a hat on this one to prove us wrong. The Cybertruck with a midgate is basically everything I could ever want in a truck. If Tesla can do it, I will praise Tesla every single time I go camping or need an extra long bed to haul something. I actually just learned a couple hours ago that my mother is putting me alone in her will. So when she passes, instead of the previous plan to sell the home and split it with my sister, I can now put some real work into it and a extra long bed could really help with that.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
A midgate (wow, apple corrected to nude gate) is design doable integrating with current design.

Where the tonneau cover winds, opening and closing will mostly require the pass through to be i. A closed position and the pass through cannot be opened unless the tonneau cover is fully open or fully closed.

jhciv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Plaid Cybertruck; First Production Model 3
Country flag
My Model 3's black seats turn into lava when parked in the Colorado summer sun. And the vinyl doesn't breath at all, leading to serious "swass". It's my biggest complaint with the car. Reeeeeeeally hoping for ventilated seats in the CT.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
I don't know if it'll be standard, there will be an option for those whose are of a more northern persuasion, called the KTECS (knackersack temp control system). I think Ford just calls their version the Ballwarmer. Either way, gents across the globe are grateful.

Last edited:

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I think with the TriMotor costing nearly as much as the Model S, and the fact that Elon already said that he wants a Plaid Cybertruck as his daily driver (which we expect to be the trimotor), I think we'll get the ventilated seats.

Also I don't know if Tesla had ventilated seats before but I found a bunch of articles saying Tesla was bringing back ventilated seats so I'll assume that they haven't for at least a few years or so in the luxury cars.
So if Tesla is now going to offer ventilated seats in some of their cars as a standard feature, they should be able to use that supply chain to put it in a Cybertruck, even if the seats aren't identical, without it costing too much more.
We might even see the option of ventilated seats on some of the cheaper models as well. It would certainly be nice for summers and especially for places that are hot all year.
Sponsored

Last edited: