HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Question for the group: Does the roofline come down far enough in the back to negate the need for a rear window which will make the back wall less complex and may make a mid-gate more likely?
That's not really possible as the line of sight needed for the rear veiw is just over the top of the tailgate. And since the rear window slopes in a straight line to the top of the tailgate, there is no way a driver could see in that same line of sight as the plane of the rear glass.

There will be a cab window as previous prototypes had.
Sponsored

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
Speaking of big back ends…

1675400575581.png

Another Photo from nearby location. Looks like this one has been playing in the dirt. Clearly a different truck. I think one of the older prototypes, not another beta.

Had to grasp the scale unless it’s close to another car like this.

Edit Too Slow.
Beta Luck ( Next Time )

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As @Gurule92 pointed out, suspension is variable. If you need it lifted, you push a (virtual) button.

That said. Most pickups are higher than they need to be for practical purposes. You look at 20 year old pickups and they are all much lower and have the same size beds, and similar towing capacities. Trucks suffer badly from ego driving 1-up-ism.
Towing and payload capacities have gone way up in the last 20 years. It's the 1-up-ism of the manufacturers.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I really don’t like all the plastic. Plastic wheel well shroud. Plastic bumper and undercarriage piece. Plastic around the tonneau cover. Starting to look like a Chevy Avalanche with those big plastic shade sails. I keep my vehicles for almost 20 years because I am very mechanically talented and it’s simple enough for me to keep them going. It’s always the plastic and rubber on the body that start to go after about 10 years. It’s not my favorite that they went stainless but their attention to other details seems to be lacking. On my current truck almost all that is metal.
What's wrong with just keeping your current truck? Metal is good, right?

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
If this has sail pillar storage the panel gaps are awfully good.

99A77810-7DF2-4147-B034-802D019A767F.png
Which makes me think we are not looking at sail storage. In this pic at least.

A. Seams are invisible, which is more likely they are not there.

B. If they are so precise, I think it would go out of alignment over time. Even a tad.

And if so, you would think that the edges would tuck under a fixed panel to avoid sag gaps.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If it is austenitic, then no. And I very much hope that it is. The crystalline structure it creates provides superior corrosion resistance and is crucial to long term self-passivation.
Even austenitic SS can take on a bit of magnetism if it's been hardened by cold-rolling. But not enough to have magnetic mirrors!

tmeyer3

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Wrangler, Tractors
Occupation
Computer Scientist
Country flag
It’s raining Cybertruck photos. I’m loving this shot with actual cargo in it. A++

If those are 35” tires, Looks like the bed has no trouble gobbling up 6 foot worth of cargo. Can’t tell how much more space there is though.

I’m left wondering…. Did they send this truck to the tire shop to pick these up? Looks like they are outfitting a couple more trucks.

1675405561539.png

That tail gate light bar looks super busted and cracked to me. Or is that just really unfortunate glare?

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
That tail gate light bar looks super busted and cracked to me. Or is that just really unfortunate glare?
It does look like the rightmost element is wonky, I think the film may have delaminated from it.

I really wish they would have kept the rear light bar one piece, other than looking better it also removes any issues with gaps/alignment.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
It’s raining Cybertruck photos. I’m loving this shot with actual cargo in it. A++

If those are 35” tires, Looks like the bed has no trouble gobbling up 6 foot worth of cargo. Can’t tell how much more space there is though.

I’m left wondering…. Did they send this truck to the tire shop to pick these up? Looks like they are outfitting a couple more trucks.

1675405561539.png

This one has been backed up into something. Nice identifying marks on the rear bumper for future identification.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Not a Frunk Photo, but it does look like birdshit on the rear bumper.

1675407705425.png

PS: this is one of the trucks which was on display at GigaTexas. It has the weird square pads in the lower left of this image which only the one truck had.
That would be damage from backing into something. Trust me now I know ;). Ie. My Ridgeline bumper looks like that x10.

audi2tesla

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model 3; 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan
Country flag

1675405561539.png

Tesla Cybertruck [Video Added!] Cybertruck spotted with new side mirror design! Musk confirms removable (Feb 1, 2023) 📸 {filename}

Assuming 35 inch tires in two rows that's 70 inches or 5 foot 8 inches, seems like there would be left over space with the 6 foot 7 inch or 6 foot 5 inch bed length.

Schmaggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Preorder cybertruck
Occupation
Carpenter
Country flag
I do hope there is a full size bed, these tires in the back give me some reassurance.

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
Between that low hanging diffuser and the charge port on the fenders it looks like they couldn't care less about off road use.
Sponsored