ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
We can also appreciate that it takes serious amounts of torque to spin those larger outside diameter tires! I'm sure they would fight a little before giving up their grip! (hmm...squeals are sounding familiar) ... makes me anxious to see a real one do that!

- ÆCIII

Last edited:

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Equal parts cool and strange

Is that NYC, or Chi, or? In the background?

No rearview mirrors

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
That's quite obviously CGI ...

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
CGI of older prototype or not I still l like it, because I don't think we've seen one doing donuts yet, so that's something different and fun.

But the identical train passenger cars and pavement textures do suggest animated renderings, as well as the Cybertruck having rear lights all the way from the bumper to the back wheel well trim. Recent ßeta prototype photos show that the lights only wrap around the rear lower corners a little bit, but I'm not sure what rear parking lights that the earlier prototype (apparently depicted in the video) had:

Tesla Cybertruck Video of Cybertruck in RWD track mode (CGI) 1679180187771

Either way, it was cool but I'm also sometimes 'that guy', as I think many of us are wanting to see more of the 'real deal' this close to production.

- ÆCIII

OP
OP
Mini2nut

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
CGI but I thought I would share it since it was fun and different. It was very well done and would likely fool many people. The tire smoke and body reflections were very cool.

The give away for me were the trains, no tire marks on the pavement and the extremely tight area it was performed in.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jow

Don Kedick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3LR, Escalade
Country flag
CGI of older prototype or not I still l like it, because I don't think we've seen one doing donuts yet, so that's something different and fun.

But the identical train passenger cars and pavement textures do suggest animated renderings, as well as the Cybertruck having rear lights all the way from the bumper to the back wheel well trim. Recent ßeta prototype photos show that the lights only wrap around the rear lower corners a little bit, but I'm not sure what rear parking lights that the earlier prototype (apparently depicted in the video) had:

1679180187771.png

Either way, it was cool but I'm also sometimes 'that guy', as I think many of us are wanting to see more of the 'real deal' this close to production.

- ÆCIII
Yeah I don’t want to take any of the fun or excitement away from others. I feel that it’s not fair to the less than tech savvy individuals that just don’t know otherwise. I’ve been keeping up with Tesla since ‘12 and always wanted an electric truck. So in a sense it’s been about 11 years of waiting. It’s coming and will be here soon enough.

ev4me

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (single motor)
Occupation
Construction Estimator
Country flag
CGI but I thought I would share it since it was fun and different. It was very well done and would likely fool many people. The tire smoke and body reflections were very cool.

The give away for me were the trains, no tire marks on the pavement and the extremely tight area it was performed in.
Same deduction for me in the same order. My question is, why? How many hours does one person spend to generate that and for what purpose?

flowerlandfilms

First Name
Eryk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yamaha SRV-250, Honda Odyssey RB1
Occupation
Film Maker
Country flag
That tire smoke would be quite difficult to do at this level if it was a simple vehicle swap.
Somewhat easier if the whole scene was rendered.
There are some odd reflections/transparency on the windows.

Kahpernicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Country flag
Same deduction for me in the same order. My question is, why? How many hours does one person spend to generate that and for what purpose?
Someone building their art portfolio, who also likes CyberTruck.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
That tire smoke would be quite difficult to do at this level if it was a simple vehicle swap.
Somewhat easier if the whole scene was rendered.
There are some odd reflections/transparency on the windows.
the tiny Twitter render makes it a bit hard to tell

but the original Instagram post (and the remainder of the IG accounts material) makes it much easier to tell that it’s cgi

Tesla Cybertruck Video of Cybertruck in RWD track mode (CGI) 02A60A94-7EFA-4C0F-BF1B-9358CF4D2EFA

flowerlandfilms

First Name
Eryk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yamaha SRV-250, Honda Odyssey RB1
Occupation
Film Maker
Country flag
the tiny Twitter render makes it a bit hard to tell

but the original Instagram post (and the remainder of the IG accounts material) makes it much easier to tell that it’s cgi

02A60A94-7EFA-4C0F-BF1B-9358CF4D2EFA.png
Yeh that's a lot clearer, cheers.

ev4me

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (single motor)
Occupation
Construction Estimator
Country flag
Ok, that makes sense with purpose.
Well ok that makes sense. At least the end goal isn't trying to see who they can fool after spending countless hours.