TBONO

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
This looks pretty promising. Let’s hope it does come in at 16 inches. Ground clearance.
Rivian is leading the pack right now at 14.9 inches and provides tremendous capability, off-road, and/or in deep snow.

Id guess 10 seconds would be the maximum time from lowest to highest settings, based on what I seen from others.

Last edited:

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I believe that the one is the lowest setting since the wheel is right up against the fender, but Elon said the travel would be +/- 4” and the minimum would be at -4” and the max would be 8” higher. The other pic doesn’t look like 8” higher. Also, sometime after the unveiling Elon said the suspension travel might be greater than 8” but he never said it might be less.

The difference in ground clearance is also hard to tell. We know that the minimum ground clearance is supposed to be 8”, and the maximum ground clearance is supposed to be 16”, but I cannot tell whether that ‘max’ height is 16” of ground clearance.

As a result I have to ask how you know this pic represents the highest setting.
Now that I see these images on a large screen I am no longer convinced that either image shows suspension extrema. If the minimum ground clearance is still supposed to be 8" that one image is too high. The difference between the 2 images looks to be more like 4" than 8".

kbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
How long does it take with the Rivian

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
This looks pretty promising. Let’s hope it does come in at 16 inches. Ground clearance.
Rivian is leaving the pack right now at 14.9 inches and provides tremendous capability, off-road, and/or in deep snow.

Id guess 10 seconds would be the maximum time from lowest to highest settings, based on what I seen from others.
Anything much faster and it might feel like a roller coaster ride :cool:

Kingdom1st

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual motor AWD
Occupation
Mission critical
Country flag
The rocker panel looks to be as high as the center of the hub. if they are 35's, that would put it at about 17".

Or I need more coffee.
That’s what I was thinking too. But so far the only close up pictures of tires I’ve seen were 33 inch. Those do look more like 35s though you’re right. The truck looks so much better at full height.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
Mmmmmmm. Loading up Cybertruck’s for more validation testing?

I have a strong suspicion that Cybertruck Delivery Day may get bumped to Q4.

C T Rick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Dodge Sprinter 3500, 2015 Nissan NV 3500, 2013 Chevy Traverse
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor
Country flag
Wouldn't the truck also contain a small 4-8 gallon air storage tank so the compressor is used to refill the pressure and not needed to lift the truck while the compressor is running. Plus with air storage you don't need as large a compressor to keep up.

Rick

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
Now we’re talking!
Yes, a huge benefit for those who live in a snow-belt. The only other mainstream vehicle with adjustable height (AFAIK) was the Citroen sedan of the 60s, that I owned several of, and therefore lead to questions if anybody has answers.

1 Can the CT be DRIVEN (with normal dampening) when full up or down? <Citroen? No.>
2 Can the front or the rear be adjusted separately, for nose-up or nose-down? <No.>
3 Can the height adjustments be used in a wheel change? <Yes.>
4 If the adjustment mechanism fails, will the CT eventually fall to full-low & be drivable? <Yes & No.>
Sponsored