Jamal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Mechanical Design Cosultant
Country flag
Anyone noticed how low was the truck entry. Car height compared to a truck or even an SUV. When the kid went into the CT, he did not have to climb up, and when Franz sat in the CT he sat down. Just like going into a car, not like any truck or SUV. This is my next CyberCAR.

kraal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5
Country flag
The kids almost struggle to get inside!! Are the doors too small or the legroom short?!
And the sound of the doors closings, almost an old truck tailgate closing!!!

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
And the sound of the doors closings,
Not the thud I'm looking for. But I guess we also have to account for the fact that the window is not framed in metal and door seals. So it was bound to sound a little different than a typical truck door closing.

Kahpernicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Country flag
You'll probably be able to lower and raise the suspension level at will with mm increments.

Right cval?

e:

Also van franzeltin is obviously keeping the door closed and view blocked of the inside.

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
Videos of Cybertruck door opening and charge port cover opening.

That's a SOLID door! My kind of 'NOT-A-DOOR' sound. Even a raging bull won't stand a chance____he WILL be seeing STARS! ( 5 Star crash worthy )

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I noticed the window has to come down to open the door and it doesn't automatically roll all the way back up when the door closes. That's interesting. Not exactly the rain feature I'd want. Hopefully, this feature is fully fleshed out yet. Let's keep the windows up when we open the doors okay?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Man, it shifts to uncanny valley once it starts moving, doesn't it?

Let's keep the windows up when we open the doors okay?
All Teslas do that for aero and fewer parts. The glass opens slightly to break the seal, and not flex the glass when the door opens.

-Crissa

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
All Teslas do that for aero and fewer parts. The glass opens slightly to break the seal, and not flex the glass when the door opens.

-Crissa
Do they all open that far? Why don't they automatically return to closed when the door is shut?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The kids almost struggle to get inside!! Are the doors too small or the legroom short?!
And the sound of the doors closings, almost an old truck tailgate closing!!!
I think Franz was trying to prevent people from seeing too much in the back seat. Likely unfinished or has features that won’t match final.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
1) All Tesla’s do the window-down thing. Talk to anyone with one. They have for years and it isn’t a BFD. You get more rain inside just opening the door to get inside.
2) The younger child kneed-in to the vehicle, but if you noticed his height and leg dimension, he did not need to. It was not that high up. He could have easily lifted his leg higher. I surmise this is just what he does. Kids do kid stuff. Leading me to
3) Watch the video again, see it is low to the ground, just like mentioned by another poster. Is it too high up for the youngster to get in or is too low per your idea of how high up the truck should be lifted. Cybertruck does have at least 8 inches (per previous announced stats) of vertical travel. Lowers so you or others can get in comfortably, raises as needed. No issue.

Prime8

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Colorado,
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
Anyone noticed how low was the truck entry. Car height compared to a truck or even an SUV. When the kid went into the CT, he did not have to climb up, and when Franz sat in the CT he sat down. Just like going into a car, not like any truck or SUV. This is my next CyberCAR.
Definitely giving midsize truck vibes at that ride height, new category upper-midsize truck? :)
Sponsored