Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas
Occupation
Joe Six Pack
Country flag
anyone have experience doing a vinyl wrap on cars?

what do you think it would cost to wrap a cybertruck?

what about custom graphics?
Sponsored

Sigjumper

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
dbrand.com has a wrapping calculator already set up for CT, you're looking at about $3550 to wrap the CT. No idea how that number will change once this gets to market, and no idea how custom graphics affect the price.

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
By CT delivery day, the novelty will have gone, every other car shop will offer wrap service, and wrap-makers will be selling to individual DIYs, all of which will lower the price by half. Anyway, as I said in a different post, my first trip will be to a wrap shop and I'm thinking shiny silver.

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
Ouch! In Canadian dollars that would reach the five-figure level.

Maybe by then a smart wrap-company will offer pre-cut pieces for DIYers.

Delusional

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
You guys are worried bout nothing. Only one thing makes wrapping a "normal" car difficult, That is stretching a flat sheet of material to match the curved surface of body panels. This problem does not exist with the flat panels of a CT. This will be the easiest vehicle of all time to wrap, by a wide margin. It will use a lot of wrap material, but applying that material will be a do-it-yourself project.
There won't be any heat-stretching, No air bubbles to work out. Pros will do the job in about two hours, and won't be able to charge top dollar if they expect future CT wrap business.
It's going to be super-easy to wrap this vehicle. Look at the youtube videos. If those bozos can do it, so can you.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
I agree. My bet is that you will be able to order pre-cut kits, at a very affordable price, in any design that you can dream of. Vendors will have them available for the CT within a few months of it hitting the streets.

2BD4E76D-323A-4FF9-97A3-BECD05393237.jpeg

Last edited:

Djarik

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Motor CT
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Greetings all,

I am planning on something more along these lines.. Google image search "dipyourcar".

Wanting to share an option far more economical than vinyl wrap.

Not wanting to sound like a commercial for a product, but I have used it before and it can turn out great.

Spray on Plastidip.. goes on like paint and is quite durable; Just peels off when you want to change it.

Endless possibilities and zero consequences (of course except time and money).

https://www.dipyourcar.com/pages/dyc-vehicle-kits

$711.02

1589824590983.png

Extra Large Size: 3 Black gallons, 3 Shadow Black gallons

All Kits Include Standard Accessory Pack: PreDip Spray, Blue Painters Tape, Tape & Drape, PreWash, Microfiber Towel, Dip Washer Mitt, Cone Filters, 3/4 in. 3M Automotive Masking Tape

Upgrade to Plus Accessory Pack to also include: Canvas Wheel Covers, 32oz DipWash Concentrate and Dip Coat Protective Spray

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
If it peels that easily, it will peel when I do not want it to.

When I was considering getting a ICE Jeep Gladiator, I was seriously considering bedlining it inside and out. Cabin, bed, underbody, outside panels... the whole shooting match. I have seen several offroad Jeeps have this done and it saved on rusting and small scratches (the bedliner being much tougher than paint).

But with the CyberTruck's stainless steel, I am not worried about it as much and will live it be for several years and see how it goes.

Delusional

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
Two Pros wrap it Two Hours. That's what it will take.
You could roll out one giant sheet of wrap and do an entire side of the vehicle in one piece.
Same thing front and back. Four total pieces does the whole vehicle.

It suddenly occurs to me, "Why am I even talking about this?" It's a truck, Wrapping stainless is stupid unless your primary goal is advertising of some sort.
Just Slap "Sanford And Son" on the door and you're done.

IT"S THE BIG ONE!

Last edited:

DIYDharma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes GL450, Mercedes ML350, Lexus ES330
Country flag
Will the wrap stick to steel though? current wraps stick to the clear coat of your car. Just wondering if they will stick and stay stuck?

Also, it has got to be pretty easy to wrap the CT. it has no contours that require manipulation of the wrap.

I'm looking to wrap mine like R2D2 although have no design in mind.

azjohn

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Country flag
If it peels that easily, it will peel when I do not want it to.

When I was considering getting a ICE Jeep Gladiator, I was seriously considering bedlining it inside and out. Cabin, bed, underbody, outside panels... the whole shooting match. I have seen several offroad Jeeps have this done and it saved on rusting and small scratches (the bedliner being much tougher than paint).

But with the CyberTruck's stainless steel, I am not worried about it as much and will live it be for several years and see how it goes.

Thats my plan, looking at the Line X Ultra which is thinner than their standard bed material, there are a few videos on YT

More protection and no more expensive than a vinyl wrap

https://linex.com/specialty-automotive

MUSK007

Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S - P100D
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I agree. My bet is that you will be able to order pre-cut kits, at a very affordable price, in any design that you can dream of. Vendors will have them available for the CT within a few months of it hitting the streets.

2BD4E76D-323A-4FF9-97A3-BECD05393237.jpeg
Wow. Love that design. Very clever.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
I find this digital camouflage vinyl wrap strangely appealing on the 1600 HP Koenigsegg Jesko. I think it would look awesome on the CT.

57C98919-37DD-4AA7-87A0-B8EAED438403.png
Sponsored

Last edited: