First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Polaris RZR
Country flag
Via https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-supercharger-voting-opens-2023/

Tesla has opened voting for new Supercharger locations for Q1 2023.

Late last year, Tesla announced that Tesla owners would be able to vote on the placement of new superchargers. And shortly after the poll was opened, thousands of votes for locations worldwide came in. Now, owners will have the same opportunity to vote quarterly this year, with polls opening only a few days ago.

After the first round of voting last year, 5 locations were picked in North America, Europe, and Asia. The top choices were Big Bear Lake, California, for North America, Bolzano, Italy, for Europe, and Haenam, South Korea, for Asia. However, it should be noted that Tesla also continues to build out Supercharger locations outside of those chosen by voting, allowing more rural areas and less traveled places to still receive charging.

This voting system follows some significant building milestones for the Tesla Supercharging network. Towards the end of last year, Tesla announced that it had built its 40,000th supercharger location globally, and shortly thereafter, the automaker opened its first Supercharger location that is open to all vehicles.

Currently, the leaderboard stands with only a few thousand votes for each of the top locations, but this will undoubtedly change in the coming days and weeks.

In North America, the top five locations are:
  1. Key West, Florida
  2. Destin, Florida
  3. Cape Canaveral, Florida
  4. Orlando, Florida
  5. and Helen, Georgia
In Europe/Middle East, the top five locations are:
  1. Muscat, Oman
  2. Siofok, Hungary
  3. Kecskemet, Hungary
  4. Szombathely, Hungary
  5. and Bekescsaba, Hungary
In Asia/Pacific, the top five locations are:
  1. Matsumoto, Japan
  2. Shirahama, Japan
  3. Karuizawa, Japan
  4. Southern Cross, Australia
  5. and Takayama, Japan
If you would like to vote for the next Tesla Supercharger location, you must be a Tesla owner and log in with your Tesla account. From there, you will be allowed to select from a long list of pre-selected locations worldwide. The voting page also gives you the opportunity to suggest a new location for the next voting cycle and even apply to host a Supercharging location if you are the owner of a commercial space.
Sponsored

RandyS

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 Performance, 2021 Model Y LR
Country flag
I'll be watching this with interest. Big Bear in California has been a location that would have been desirable to install SC for quite some time. From my utility experience and working with Tesla SC folks, I know that recruiting a willing site host is the biggest part of getting started on a SC project (not "Votes"). Many locations go unbuilt because there just isn't a site host in that area willing to sign the lease agreement and give up the space for the equipment and chargers (especially if the parking lot is crowded with existing customers). The site host is the owner of the property, not a store that is nearby (although sometimes stores have to weigh in with their approval as well if their lease agreement has a clause for parking space rights where the potential SC equipment is going to go). That's one reason why many SC installations are sited in areas of the parking lot of a strip mall that are not super close to the businesses (then only the site host has to approve).

I know for a fact that the SC folks have been trying to recruit potential site hosts in and around Big Bear for quite some time to see if they'd want to host stations, with no previous luck.

So with the "election" announcement that Big Bear won, what will change or has changed? I'll see if I can ask my contact and try and figure out what the election results mean. Redouble their efforts for a site, meaning they still don't have one? Spend money for a site lease (which they tend to not want to do if they can help it)? Otherwise, I'm suspicious that the voting process is more of a PR thing and doesn't mean as much as people are thinking...

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Tesla should utilize this system to Decide which CT configuration to launch first 🙃

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
They did, with pre-orders. That’s why single got pushed back and Tri moved up.
obviously, based on updated info over the year's from Elon.. the configuration options have changed.. Have you been following along?

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
First line of the last paragraph of the OP is incorrect. You don't have to be a Tesla owner to vote. You do have to have a Tesla account, though.
I'm a little surprised they didn't do it on Twitter.

electricAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual-motor
Country flag
I also noticed that Alaska and northern Canada are not even available for voting. I wonder why not? Lack of interest from the last round?

Regardless, adding superchargers to the Alaska highway from Mid-BC to at least Tok, Alaska would be an amazing resource for North American Tesla owners. I sure hope they get to it soon.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
It is exciting to see Coober Pedy(red) as an option. Voted 5th in Au.

Instead of installed superchargers in cities and coastlines so far(green).

Tesla Cybertruck Voting For New Tesla Supercharger Locations is Now Open 1672881025327

electricAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual-motor
Country flag
True, but there is still a lot of through traffic on the AK highway in the summer. It doesn't really matter that those communities are sparsely populated.

Also, we currently have two completely orphaned superchargers in the Anchorage area, and no (easy) way to get to them! Perhaps Tesla is thinking the Alaska marine highway ferry system is the preferred route to Alaska, which is definitely not the case. And even if it was, most people would take the ferry to Haines and drive from there. So superchargers would be needed in Haines, Beaver Creek, Tok, etc.

If Tesla is ever going to open up Alaska, they need to service the Alaska highway with at least a couple of stations.

kbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I won't vote this time around. Last time everyone in the Utah owners group were very happy about getting to Yellowstone. Nothing close was built out. Voting will be for highly populated areas like California, Florida, New York.