Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag

Found on 101N in Southern CA. That is CRISPY.
Sponsored

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
I don't get it, there are way more fires from non-EV then EV percentage wise per each respective group.
Perfectly explainable.

EVs use massive amounts of electricity which creates massive waves of magnetism.

Multiple non-EVs (steel ICE cars and magically even non-magnetic aluminum ICE cars) are irresistibly attracted to each EV so multiple ICEs crash into each EV.

No different than ICE trucks and "Rolling Coal".
ICE truck drivers never purposely trigger "Rolling Coal" smoke on EVs instead the EVs massive magnetism causes ICE truck engines to temporarily malfunction and the resulting "Rolling Coal" smoke is also irresistibly attracted to flow toward the EV.

This is all elementary my dear Watson.

OP
OP
SwampNut

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
I don't get it, there are way more fires from non-EV then EV percentage wise per each respective group.
Hence the joke. Media likes to make a big deal of every EV fire, and I wouldn't be surprised at a headline blaming an EV for an ICE fire.

OP
OP
SwampNut

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
I forgot something I wanted to mention. I was on AP in that traffic, which was awful everywhere that day, not just by the burnt car. The reaction to the flares was to simply stop. Not unexpected, but thought it was worth noting. I don't have EAP so it can't do lane changes, but did see the flares and stop for them.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
I forgot something I wanted to mention. I was on AP in that traffic, which was awful everywhere that day, not just by the burnt car. The reaction to the flares was to simply stop. Not unexpected, but thought it was worth noting. I don't have EAP so it can't do lane changes, but did see the flares and stop for them.
Awesome! They gave AP the same instincts as Frankenstein's monster.

1648145152767.png

OP
OP
SwampNut

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
LOL!! I wish I had an opportunity to test the same with cones. All of my experience with them has been at speed, and I'm just not going to risk a mistake, or being that asshole that merges at the last possible second. I suspect it will just stop also. Oh wait, I know, my HOA does neighborhood maintenance monthly and blocks roads where traffic is slow and light. I will just ask the workers if I can play around, when they are not near the blocked area.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Did it make national news? No, not a Tesla.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I keep a set of cones to mark the road when I'm working on the edging. I'd loan them to you to experiment ^-^

Cones and barrels it's good at seeing, it's the bollards and sticks it's less good at seeing.

-Crissa
Sponsored