Love2Cyber

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model X, Cyber Tri-Motor
Country flag
Ok, so now that I've seen a post about the cyber being released at the beginning of 2023...and I'm about #3k in line...I'm realizing that the truck is going to be delivered to me too soon / much earlier than expected :). With that in mind, I'm willing to rent out my vehicle (expect it to be the very top in line) for anywhere from 6 months to a year. Any takers? I'll even consider a wrap of your choice. What would a fair price be for 6 months?

Tesla Cybertruck Want to rent my cyber for 6 months? warty
Sponsored

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
So, you are 3K in line that means you reserved on Nov. 21 2019 within the first 5 mins. of Tesla announcing the phone #.
And now, almost 3 years later. You say they're making my order too soon/much earlier than expected? When were you expecting Tesla to build your truck?

Wow, talk about first world problems!!! :) :LOL::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP

Love2Cyber

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model X, Cyber Tri-Motor
Country flag
So, you are 3K in line that means you reserved on Nov. 21 2019 within the first 5 mins. of Tesla announcing the phone #.
And now, almost 3 years later. You say they're making my order too soon/much earlier than expected? When were you expecting Tesla to build your truck?

Wow, talk about first world problems!!! :) :LOL::ROFLMAO:
Yeah, would have been an earlier reservation if the website wasn't so glitchy! I gave up on the truck and bought an old beater ICE truck and a prius prime. Was thinking late 2023 when I bought them. Have thought about Turo, but too much work. Thinking I can make this a reasonable rental for someone who is deep in line and would like an extended test drive with the vehicle before their spot in line comes up. What would be a fair price for six months?

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I think the 6 month lease is a great idea for both the leasee and lessor. The shine will eventually wear off and premiums paid will be lost. $3000 per month might be reasonable. With a milage limit and hefty damage protection safety net.

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yeah, would have been an earlier reservation if the website wasn't so glitchy! I gave up on the truck and bought an old beater ICE truck and a prius prime. Was thinking late 2023 when I bought them. Have thought about Turo, but too much work. Thinking I can make this a reasonable rental for someone who is deep in line and would like an extended test drive with the vehicle before their spot in line comes up. What would be a fair price for six months?
Would that include shipping to the U.K.?

Alpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ill pay you 3k per month. Im 500k back in line. Beware, i will beat the ever living shit out of it. If thats ok, sign me up.

TBONO

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
I think you’re going about this all wrong

put it on Turo for $700 a day…

Im 1200 in line, thinking about something like this though don’t want to

Last edited:

Usachris

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ok, so now that I've seen a post about the cyber being released at the beginning of 2023...and I'm about #3k in line...I'm realizing that the truck is going to be delivered to me too soon / much earlier than expected :). With that in mind, I'm willing to rent out my vehicle (expect it to be the very top in line) for anywhere from 6 months to a year. Any takers? I'll even consider a wrap of your choice. What would a fair price be for 6 months?

warty.jpg
I’d be willing to trade reservations with you. I’m in the 135,000 range.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Remember this is a $39,000 low-cost truck not a sports car or a convertible or a limousine it is a low cost EvTruck.
so
$2,000 is the absolute most you can get for 6 months rental.
Setting aside the fact that the $39,000 Cybertruck is not going to be produced in the first couple years if at all. Also setting aside any price changes…

When it first launches, there is a solid chance the Cybertruck will likely be reselling for $80k - $150k Even if the new price is in the ballpark of the launch day pricing. Any lease/ rental prices are likely going to be set based on market price, not purchase price which is unavailable to all but the tiniest number of buyers.

A short term lease for a high demand truck I would expect would be more like $1,000/ month, likely more.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag