Was the Tri-Motor price accidentally released by a glitch?

What will the price of the tri motor truck be with FSD?

• Total voters

JCERRN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester
Country flag
Teslarati posted an article that someone’s cybertruck order page (RN112748315) showed the price of the truck at $76,900 for the trimotor with FSD… shortly after the price was removed…thought's on this price? Was this just a famegrab?

With everything thats happened since 2019, I personally would be very happy with this price…

link below

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-cybertruck-tri-motor-price-leak/amp/
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I don’t think the Reddit post means anything.

Pretty fascinating that the Cybertruck is still such a central part of the gestalt. I thought it would drop out of the mainstream shortly after launch, but it’s become a meme of itself.

Imagine how much of a non-thing it would be if someone leaked a screenshot of Ram Rev pricing. It would certainly hit a few media outlets, but wouldn’t gain this kind of traction.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
It says the article was updated:

That makes sense but the whole thing made me wonder if a quad or a tri is going to come out first, can Tesla keep them under 80 to make it qualify (or would they want to)? Or production plans are flexible enough at this stage to push out dual motor first? What do you guys think? Over $80K damn the tax credit and state of the economy? Or under $80 to Keep the demand high?

OP
OP

JCERRN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester
Country flag
I don’t think the Reddit post means anything.

Pretty fascinating that the Cybertruck is still such a central part of the gestalt. I thought it would drop out of the mainstream shortly after launch, but it’s become a meme of itself.

Imagine how much of a non-thing it would be if someone leaked a screenshot of Ram Rev pricing. It would certainly hit a few media outlets, but wouldn’t gain this kind of traction.
Tesla itself achieved meme status around 2015… EM himself is the MemeLord…

OP
OP

JCERRN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester
Country flag
That makes sense but the whole thing made me wonder if a quad or a tri is going to come out first, can Tesla keep them under 80 to make it qualify (or would they want to)? Or production plans are flexible enough at this stage to push out dual motor first? What do you guys think? Over $80K damn the tax credit and state of the economy? Or under $80 to Keep the demand high?
I hope under $80k but realistically 90k seems more in line for a mid-top trim… if quad is top trim and starts at $110k then that wouldnt surprise me

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
I hope under $80k but realistically 90k seems more in line for a mid-top trim… if quad is top trim and starts at $110k then that wouldnt surprise me
Something around $110 makes more sense than $90. If it meets the battery content, missing out on $7,500 being that close to $80 may push people toward something else.

I can’t wait to see what the pricing for each trim would be and how it applies to reservation holders. If what they announce apply the same way to the first and the last place in line or pricing will be fluid. I think there is a very good chance I will be priced out.

I just got my first EV and already think I will never go back to ICE. I didn’t expect to like it this much. Now the question is can CT justify the cost for me to switch. Frankly at this point regardless of what specs they reveal, my biggies would be the charging network, range and price.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
People keep pulling numbers out of hats.

Top Trim was $70k at launch.

I seriously doubt Tesla is increasing the price of their top end by 57%. Seems about as likely as them scrapping the whole project to me.

Last edited:

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
It depends on when you put in your reservation. I believe that during the first month or so FSD was still $7,000 on top of the trim price, but it has changed many times since then. As a result, you would have to state a price 'range' for the trim, from trim-price + $7,000 to trim-price + $15,000. If you want to put a range on the trim price that would have to now have the additional range price for the FSD, so low trim price + $7,000 FSD price up to high trim price + $15,000 FSD price

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I wouldn't be surprised if we see lots of lowball figures prior to the official 'reveal', in order to create a negative narrative later.

OP
OP

JCERRN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester
Country flag
People keep pulling numbers out of hats.

Top Trim was $70k at launch.

I seriously doubt Tesla is increasing the price of their top end by 57%. Seems about as likely as them scrapping the whole project to me.
Inflation and global supply chain malfunction are hard pills to swallow… Tesla has lost 64% of its value in the last year… may not be the most unrealistic thing in the world…

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Inflation and global supply chain malfunction are hard pills to swallow… Tesla has lost 64% of its value in the last year… may not be the most unrealistic thing in the world…
“Inflation” has not been 57% over the past 18 months or even the full 3 year run and with the Fed stamping hard is unlikely to be 3% this year. Back in early 2022 the Cybertruck prices were going to be sky high due to massive increases in raw materials prices. Now those same prices have come back down but somehow the Cybertruck is supposed to still supposed to be sky high.

Those “hard pills” are in the past and prices have largely reverted to mean. Most raw materials are down to 2021 levels and shipping which was a huge component of everything being expensive has come way down.

Companies that jacked up their prices including Tesla are having to discount vehicles from their nosebleed prices in the US and much of the world. During the past weeks of 2022, Tesla discounted most of their inventory for $7,500 off and tossed in 10k miles of Supercharging (worth about $1000). That’s not the end of the discounting.

Used Tesla prices are way down. Used Lighting and even used Rivian prices are way down from their peak (And there are quite a few of them!).

Nothing about the current market suggests Tesla will be able to sell 200,000 Cybertrucks a year at $100k+.
Sponsored