Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck 3 motor
Occupation
Retired, now small business owner
Country flag
I’m from Brewster Washington. Fell in love with the idea of the Cybertruck. Bought some stock that hopefully will help pay for it in a couple years. Anyone else out there.
Sponsored

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I’m from Brewster Washington. Fell in love with the idea of the Cybertruck. Bought some stock that hopefully will help pay for it in a couple years. Anyone else out there.
I have been in love with Teslas for years but never thought I’d be able to afford one. I put in a reservation for a Model Y and then, based on rave reviews by friends, my wife up and bought a Model 3 right in front of me (which has been great by the way). When I put in my reservation for the CT I thought ‘I am talking up Tesla, I should put my money where my mouth is’ so I bought 2 shares. Then the price actually went down so I bought a couple more, and so on. Still just a few shares but I feel like I have done the right thing. It will never pay for a CT. It it might pay for the taxes.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
Fremont just received the gigantic casting machine for the Model Y. Tesla is always improving existing products.

Tesla Cybertruck Washington 8AE38B83-BE92-4FF5-AB2E-A3CCE7B5A4D5

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
I have been in love with Teslas for years but never thought I’d be able to afford one. I put in a reservation for a Model Y and then, based on rave reviews by friends, my wife up and bought a Model 3 right in front of me (which has been great by the way). When I put in my reservation for the CT I thought ‘I am talking up Tesla, I should put my money where my mouth is’ so I bought 2 shares. Then the price actually went down so I bought a couple more, and so on. Still just a few shares but I feel like I have done the right thing. It will never pay for a CT. It it might pay for the taxes.
I first saw the original Roadster when I was like 18-19. I already loved the Lotus, so seeing, hearing it drive as a pure electric car, I knew this was the future.
I wanted to buy stock asap but being from a not wealthy family and a kid basically, that didnt happen :{
i was able to buy a couple much later. a couple is better than nothing i guess.

OP
OP
Okanoganjim

Okanoganjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck 3 motor
Occupation
Country flag
Wow great response to this new thread. Thanks! I have a Silverado 2500 Duramax today that I love. Use it to tow a boat, dump trailer, and a fifth wheel toy hauler. I realize the CT will not be able to handle the fifth wheel due to the wings, so I may keep the Silverado for that purpose. Trouble with that is I need the funds from the Silverado to help pay for the CT. Fingers crossed that the stock does well. Looking forward to "Battery Day".

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
theres a guy on here designing a flush mount, 5th wheel mount. With the towing capacity on the 3 motor, I would think this will be a necessity. I personally think the "wings" wont get in the way

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The last time I drove a pickup was in Washington

My sister and I shared her father's truck for tending to Mom's house. Lots of happy memories ^-^

-Crissa

OP
OP
Okanoganjim

Okanoganjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck 3 motor
Occupation
Country flag
This thread has died, lets start some chatter. I am anxiously awaiting the review of the updated CT. Maybe they will address the 5th wheel issue, maybe not. Ether way I am in. I can always sell my 5th wheel and get a tow behind, or adopt a different traveling style like EV travel to Motels. Its all fun. Some of my best travel experiences have been flying in and renting a car. I think planning a long road trip with an electric truck would be a hoot. Go Seahawks !

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Personally, I haven't really posted here yet because I'm more interested in just what the CT is going to turn out like and when it might actually get here.

Once I have my CT I'd be interested in meeting up with other CT owners and going for interesting drives of various types to places unknown. To start out with I'd like to take some of the trails I see the Jeep owners hitting. For instance the Washington Backcountry Discovery Route, Naches Trail, or even many of the forest service roads up to various lakes or waterfalls.

Right at the moment though, with Covid and lack of a CT, I'm willing to wait a bit. But chatting here might be a good way to get started.

OP
OP
Okanoganjim

Okanoganjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck 3 motor
Occupation
Country flag
Personally, I haven't really posted here yet because I'm more interested in just what the CT is going to turn out like and when it might actually get here.

Once I have my CT I'd be interested in meeting up with other CT owners and going for interesting drives of various types to places unknown. To start out with I'd like to take some of the trails I see the Jeep owners hitting. For instance the Washington Backcountry Discovery Route, Naches Trail, or even many of the forest service roads up to various lakes or waterfalls.

Right at the moment though, with Covid and lack of a CT, I'm willing to wait a bit. But chatting here might be a good way to get started.
What the hell, lets shoot the breeze.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
What the hell, lets shoot the breeze.
All for shooting the breeze! And maybe others will eventually join in.

To start with, how much truck experience do you have and what kind of driving are you looking forward to with the CT?

Personally, I've never owned a truck. Strike that. I do have my grandfather's old 1950 F1 sitting in my back yard wasting away. Once I get some resources I'd like to fix it up and make it a driver for fun but nothing real wild. Beyond that though, I haven't been needing a ton of cargo transport or heavy hauling so I've made do with smaller/family vehicles and just bought a $300 trailer that gets pulled out from time to time for transporting sheetrock, plywood, etc when needed. But it is only rated to carry 900 lbs so it has its limitations.

Now though, I have 2 young kids that I'd like to be able to travel/camp/off-road/play with. They are still young so I have a little time (and can wait for my CT to come) but also I'm now a real estate investor and do work with some home fixers so will periodically need to pick-up supplies etc. So the CT will definitely be helpful there.

So on the fun side of things, I'm old enough to not need to enter the Baja 1000 but the idea that the CT should be capable on that front gives me the trust that pretty much anything I'm ever going to try will be possible. I'd like to start somewhat easy with simple forest service roads or overlanding with the kids. But I'd like to build up to some easy to mid-level rock crawling, or obstacle navigation. Plus build out whatever I'll need for comfortable camping with the kids.

Anyway, that's basically how I plan to use my CT. I'm hoping that the CT community builds out kind of like the Jeep community. So there are lots of possible tools/techniques to use, plenty of people around to meet and play with, and lots of resources to get help as needed.

There are current Tesla clubs around but I have a feeling that there might be a bit of a difference in focus between the normal Tesla clubs vs a full CT club. CT's might get used by some in very similar ways to the other Tesla vehicles but with the offroading capabilities, there are some things that the other Teslas are just not going to be able to participate in.

OP
OP
Okanoganjim

Okanoganjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck 3 motor
Occupation
Country flag

To start with, how much truck experience do you have and what kind of driving are you looking forward to with the CT?

Personally, I've never owned a truck. Strike that. I do have my grandfather's old 1950 F1 sitting in my back yard wasting away. Once I get some resources I'd like to fix it up and make it a driver for fun but nothing real wild. Beyond that though, I haven't been needing a ton of cargo transport or heavy hauling so I've made do with smaller/family vehicles and just bought a $300 trailer that gets pulled out from time to time for transporting sheetrock, plywood, etc when needed. But it is only rated to carry 900 lbs so it has its limitations.

Now though, I have 2 young kids that I'd like to be able to travel/camp/off-road/play with. They are still young so I have a little time (and can wait for my CT to come) but also I'm now a real estate investor and do work with some home fixers so will periodically need to pick-up supplies etc. So the CT will definitely be helpful there.

So on the fun side of things, I'm old enough to not need to enter the Baja 1000 but the idea that the CT should be capable on that front gives me the trust that pretty much anything I'm ever going to try will be possible. I'd like to start somewhat easy with simple forest service roads or overlanding with the kids. But I'd like to build up to some easy to mid-level rock crawling, or obstacle navigation. Plus build out whatever I'll need for comfortable camping with the kids.

Anyway, that's basically how I plan to use my CT. I'm hoping that the CT community builds out kind of like the Jeep community. So there are lots of possible tools/techniques to use, plenty of people around to meet and play with, and lots of resources to get help as needed.

There are current Tesla clubs around but I have a feeling that there might be a bit of a difference in focus between the normal Tesla clubs vs a full CT club. CT's might get used by some in very similar ways to the other Tesla vehicles but with the offroading capabilities, there are some things that the other Teslas are just not going to be able to participate in.

I'm an older guy and have always had a truck of some kind, normally as my main vehicle. Everything from compact trucks to one ton. Currently have a 2018 Silverado 2500 Duramax diesel. I am interested in new tech and am fascinated with the accomplishments of Elon and his company. When the CT first came out I was meh, looked weird, not what I am use to. Over time I started learning more and when the Jay Leno video came out I said I need one of those. I got in line for a tri-motor FSD, and bought some TSLA stock to help pay for it. So far so good.

Going in I will probably keep my Silverado for awhile until I find out what role the CT will fulfill for my needs. A couple times a year we travel with our 35ft Toy Hauler 5th wheel, I tow a boat to the lake, tow a 10,000 dump trailer to the pit and back, etc. My greatest concern is the 5th wheel. If I fully commit to the CT, I will probably have to sell the 5th wheel and go with a smaller tow behind travel trailer, that is unless a CT redesign eliminates the sails on the side of the bed. The sails may look cool, and add stiffness to the structure, but they are in the way. We will see.

As for off roading, yes I have done my fair share of that. Owned a couple jeeps, motorcycles and currently have a Polaris Razor. I have never been a fan of off-roading in a large truck. Just too big and heavy. Trails on the west side of our state tend to be through the trees. Trucks bang into trees and get damaged. I remember having to go rescue a friend who wrapped his Dodge 1/2 ton around a tree as it slid on a side hill and caved in a door. Ouch. I do like to explore dirt roads and think the CT will be good in that role. The adjustable air suspension should be great. Nothing worse then driving a stiffly sprung truck down a pot hole infested road. Also great will be the stainless steel body. Over where I live now there is lots of sage and other nasty bushes lining the trails and back roads. You end up getting what's known here as Okanogan Pinstriping on the side of your painted rig. Stainless should be immune to that.

The FSD seemed like a good idea as I get older. Im not dead yet but at 66 you start planning ahead. My wife's car has driving assist and its not that good. Makes some strange decisions from time to time. Hoping that will all be squared away by the time the CT arrives.

Nuff said for now.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I'm an older guy and have always had a truck of some kind, normally as my main vehicle. Everything from compact trucks to one ton. Currently have a 2018 Silverado 2500 Duramax diesel. I am interested in new tech and am fascinated with the accomplishments of Elon and his company. When the CT first came out I was meh, looked weird, not what I am use to. Over time I started learning more and when the Jay Leno video came out I said I need one of those. I got in line for a tri-motor FSD, and bought some TSLA stock to help pay for it. So far so good.
I was in high school when the movie Back to the Future came out with the Delorean time machine. And as a kid, the Lambroghini Contach was my favorite super car. Beyond that the various scifi movies over the years have created an impression. So when the CT first came out my thought was "Cool, but I thought we were gonna see a pickup..." Once it started getting demo'd though I was liking the functionality. And with a 0 to 60 of 2.9 sec I knew it was faster and more powerful than I was ever going to fully utilize. Essentially, it was a truck and a futuristic model and a supercar all in one. Sign me up.

Going in I will probably keep my Silverado for awhile until I find out what role the CT will fulfill for my needs. A couple times a year we travel with our 35ft Toy Hauler 5th wheel, I tow a boat to the lake, tow a 10,000 dump trailer to the pit and back, etc. My greatest concern is the 5th wheel. If I fully commit to the CT, I will probably have to sell the 5th wheel and go with a smaller tow behind travel trailer, that is unless a CT redesign eliminates the sails on the side of the bed. The sails may look cool, and add stiffness to the structure, but they are in the way. We will see.
I'm not sure what all I'll do with mine. I have the 2 young kids so we'll see what they enjoy. I imagine taking them on individual trips out into the wild. Or family camping trips. A little fishing. And once FSD is fully realized, cross country trips to visit historical/educational sites etc. Plus occasional trips to see family in various areas. For the longer trips, perhaps a trailer camper. I'm getting too old to really enjoy wild camping.

As for the 5th wheel vs sails... I've been looking at the CT design and am starting to think that the sail slope may not be so steep as to necessarily cause a problem for all 5th wheels. It will be interesting to see the design update. Especially if they show it with a 5th wheel towing situation.

As for off roading, yes I have done my fair share of that. Owned a couple jeeps, motorcycles and currently have a Polaris Razor. I have never been a fan of off-roading in a large truck. Just too big and heavy. Trails on the west side of our state tend to be through the trees. Trucks bang into trees and get damaged. I remember having to go rescue a friend who wrapped his Dodge 1/2 ton around a tree as it slid on a side hill and caved in a door. Ouch. I do like to explore dirt roads and think the CT will be good in that role. The adjustable air suspension should be great. Nothing worse then driving a stiffly sprung truck down a pot hole infested road. Also great will be the stainless steel body. Over where I live now there is lots of sage and other nasty bushes lining the trails and back roads. You end up getting what's known here as Okanogan Pinstriping on the side of your painted rig. Stainless should be immune to that.
I am certainly looking forward to the SS exoskeleton. Suddenly low speed impacts to trees, bushes, and rocks just become a non-issue. Possibly leaving some marks of pride but certainly not causing structural damage. And the suspension will really make the ride nice. This thing is so well put together. I am amazed the other companies are even thinking they will be able to compete.

The FSD seemed like a good idea as I get older. Im not dead yet but at 66 you start planning ahead. My wife's car has driving assist and its not that good. Makes some strange decisions from time to time. Hoping that will all be squared away by the time the CT arrives.
I am definitely looking forward to FSD too. Though I'm not concerned if it isn't fully baked on day 1 of my CT. I still have a little time if need be. But I can certainly imagine taking a long tour with the kids where we all sleep in the CT over night as it drives us to our next destination. Then in the morning we get up and play all day. As evening settles in we get back in for the sleep to wake up in a new play spot the next day. Reminds me of the space movies where people go into suspended animation between planets.
Sponsored