Weak conversion of reservations to orders?

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Retired Operating Plans & Forecasting Manager
Country flag
I don't see it here and Tesla won't likely release thr numbers or admit it.

But iniial reports in investing community, explaining the 6% drop in Tesla stock price, is that orders for Cybertruck is simply not brisk.

Reasons cited are the high price against the previous estimates announced in the launch and the disappointing official range.

I have ordered the CT FS and this must be a forum for the fanboys as again, I don't see it here.

Except that Tesla invites are now quickly touching into higher SN for supposedly limited edition CT.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
With a million reservations, I wouldn't worry about it.

Obviously most people who pre-ordered wouldn't be able to swing an extra $20K, let alone an additional $50K.

I assume most people - well, most not on this board - are just waiting for the price to come down to where they can afford it.

-Crissa

OP
OP

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Country flag
With a million reservations, I wouldn't worry about it.

Obviously most people who pre-ordered wouldn't be able to swing an extra $20K, let alone an additional $50K.

I assume most people - well, most not on this board - are just waiting for the price to come down to where they can afford it.

-Crissa
Agree, they must have seen what happened to Ford Lightning when the passionate early adopters with money to burn quickly dried up then Ford and it's dealers had a reset. :p

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
I don't see it here and Tesla won't likely release thr numbers or admit it.

But iniial reports in investing community, explaining the 6% drop in Tesla stock price, is that orders for Cybertruck is simply not brisk.

Reasons cited are the high price against the previous estimates announced in the launch and the disappointing official range.

I have ordered the CT FS and this must be a forum for the fanboys as again, I don't see it here.

Except that Tesla invites are now quickly touching into higher SN for supposedly limited edition CT.
This world is full of amazing individuals who apparently are imbued with the ability to sense out why millions of people do what they do. I mean, like on another thread, someone posted the absolute reason why Tesla is doing something. Wow, I have no idea for sure why Tesla does ANYTHING at the factual level, and here is someone that knows for sure.

The “investing community” doesn’t know crap. Doubt me? Listen to their advice today, and then again in a year. And in the middle, see how accurate they were. So sure, it is all about the “un-brisk” CT sales of the Foundation Series. I’m certain that’s why the stock took a drop the last few days of the week. I am so glad it wasn’t any funds pulling out to realize their current profit position. And I’m REALLY glad it had nothing to do with the EPA revised range numbers and a knee jerk reaction to a “lower range” for Teslas. That would have sucked! The only think that might have sucked that much would be if it had been due to people thinking that Tesla is about to launch the M3+ in North America, and there would be a bunch of inventory that would have to be blown out at minimal or no margin. That, too, would have sucked big time!

Seems to me that no one knows for certain how many of the FS will be built, and so a reaction to what reservation number gets an invite MIGHT be a really financially stupid thing to do. But what do I know.

OP
OP

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Country flag
As I said, the only correct demand or order-conversion number is at rhe hands of Tesla which they won't likely release if it's bad.

I am with @Crissa that majority of costumers, on reservation list who got shocked by the price announcement, will be waiting for Tesla to come into their senses -- just like Ford in their Lightning.

And the hint or indicators is Tesla's next move after exhausting the frenzy for the FS.

fhteagle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Volt, CT Res x2
Country flag
I think a low conversion number is perfectly to be expected with the dutch auction strategy Tesla is using. Basically Tesla pushed the demand lever as far forward as they could, and there's tons they can do to pull it back when they're ready to make more units. Prices won't stay in the stratosphere forever, there's a ton they could do to de-content the vehicle if they really needed to get cost of production down, and get the addressable market up.

But stock market doesn't seem to understand a multi year strategy, only current quarter.
Sponsored