Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Dual Motor AWD FSD
Occupation
Military
Country flag
Question: what will be our Cyber Waive?

Driving around Colorado today, which is full of Jeeps, I noticed the “Jeep Wave” (index and middle finger raise from the top of the steering wheel… just look it up on the inter webs) is still going strong. As a prior owner of two different Jeeps in the past, it was kinda cool to be part of the Jeep wave. In a similar vein, I rode a motorcycle for a few years and had a similar “motorcycle wave” (left hand two fingers down)
Anyways, while we continue waiting, and in a draught of any useful Cybertruck information, let’s come up with our “Cyber Wave” to acknowledge each other on the road? I’ll start off by proposing a “BAW Wave”- either give a flick to the wiper lever for a BAW swipe across the windshield, or maybe swipe your forearm in a wiper motion?
From your bored Cybertruck holdout,
-Ben
Sponsored

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Last edited:

electricAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual-motor
Country flag
In my small quaint Alaskan town, we have the Haines wave, where literally everyone waves at every other car, every time. Nobody seems to know why we do it.

And it can get annoying sometimes. But I always feel terrible that one time per week that I get distracted and forget to wave, or even worse, my hands are occupied and I can't wave. It's different up here.

I digress. I'd love to use the BAW as a CT wave.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
In my small quaint Alaskan town, we have the Haines wave, where literally everyone waves at every other car, every time. Nobody seems to know why we do it.

And it can get annoying sometimes. But I always feel terrible that one time per week that I get distracted and forget to wave, or even worse, my hands are occupied and I can't wave. It's different up here.

I digress. I'd love to use the BAW as a CT wave.
Post note: I posted something as off center as possible.

Lives2TruckAround

First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'92 Jeep Wrangler and 22’ Model Y
Occupation
Retired young/Business Owner
Country flag
I originally posted the lightbar wave thread.

this was back when we thought there would be a light bar. I’m just gonna start waving regardless. I have a Jeep and and boat. Both of which have waves. I’m just gonna start waving to every single CT till it catches on.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
It has never once crossed my mind that there is a specific version of the bike wave or Jeep wave. Everyone here does it differently. If I had the doors off, I'd hang a hand out the opening just like a bike. And the motorcycle wave mostly here is arm down at 45 degrees and fingers open. I've never noticed the versions you describe.

In my area, Teslas are like roaches, so people have stopped waving.

msdg137

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Wrangler Ecodiesel
Occupation
You make it I break it
Country flag
As I'm reading this I realize I can no longer do a live long and prosper with my left hand... It's coming out like more of a mangled shocker...

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
I should tweet the idea to Elon. Print a limited serial number series, have a place in the app to log their travels.

Tesla Cybertruck What’s Our “Jeep Wave”? Cybertruck Wave il_1588xN.1232970636_fkx6

Tesla Cybertruck What’s Our “Jeep Wave”? Cybertruck Wave acid-dynamics-camera-004

Tesla Cybertruck What’s Our “Jeep Wave”? Cybertruck Wave 2b75c22042bbbb2dfd9002157afa9461

Tesla Cybertruck What’s Our “Jeep Wave”? Cybertruck Wave Unknown

CyberSleuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hot Wheels 1:10 Cybertruck
Country flag
Drivers of certain vehicles wave to other drivers with the same vehicle. It's a simple gesture of comradery.
The "Jeep Wave" is has been around for decades, but there's also a Corvette wave and even a Harley Davidson wave.

Cybertruck drivers need a wave.

Or a fist pump.

Or perhaps a one wipe salute with the BAW.

Thoughts?

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
I am still wondering what caliber the BAW/turret is.... Waving it might be a sign of aggression. :ROFLMAO:

59sjordan

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 M3LR White on White, CyberTruck Reservation
Occupation
Controls Engineer
Country flag
I really thought this would be an overall thing for Tesla in general when I picked my Model 3 up a year ago. I've had 2 people wave to me...... It might actually be exhausting given how many Teslas there are, or how many CT's there will be.
Sponsored