What about a Three seater?

Suskis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Seat Ibiza
Country flag
In Europe more than often families have 0 or 1 kid. And CT is not even a family car, btw. I see plenty of utility veichles that totally remove the 2nd row of seats.
What if EU CT had only a row of seats? 3 seats are not bad at all (for a pickup truck). How short could it be if a full seats row was removed? The bed could remain identical but the overall truck would be maybe 80cm shorter or more
Sponsored

Last edited:

android04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Cybertruck Tri-motor (reserved)
Country flag
In Europe more than often families have 0 or 1 kid. And CT is not even a family car, btw. I see plenty of utility veichles that totally remove the 2nd row of seats.
What if EU CT had only a row of seats? 3 seats are not bad at all (for a pickup truck). How short could it be if a full seats row was removed? The bed could remain identical but the overall truck would be maybe 80cm shorter or more
I think that if the truck were too short, that would affect a lot of the angles of the exoskeleton. So I don't think Tesla will do it unless they change a lot of the design. But I would love a single cab version for myself because I like small trucks and I mainly drive by myself.

Deleted member 12457

Took 40-in, essentially the back door, out of the CT. Here's a 2D drawing of it with roof lines adjusted. I'm not sure it would be stable unless the height was also lowered.

Tesla Cybertruck What about a Three seater? Screen Shot 2021-08-29 at 7.26.43 PM

OP
OP
Suskis

Suskis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Seat Ibiza
Country flag
not exactly the target for this kind of truck, though

OP
OP
Suskis

Suskis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Seat Ibiza
Country flag
Took 40-in, essentially the back door, out of the CT. Here's a 2D drawing of it with roof lines adjusted. I'm not sure it would be stable unless the height was also lowered.

Screen Shot 2021-08-29 at 7.26.43 PM.png
I think it could be lowered in its height as well

Deleted member 12457

I think it could be lowered in its height as well
How's this look? Tires/Wheels reduced to 90% of original, top section squeezed down some so overall height is ~5'6". Six foot bald guy standing next to it for size comparison. Still has same length bed and driver's compartment. Looks like a min-CT to me. Good for road and light off-road use. Air suspension still adjustable to 50-60% of original size. Width could be a bit narrower but Two 6'6" people should still fit in front seat. I could have simply shrunk the entire car but wanted to maintain the 80" bed length and 192" overall length from my original.

I actually like this size but would prefer a second seat for people and inside carrying of stuff.

Tesla Cybertruck What about a Three seater? Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 7.36.33 AM

OP
OP
Suskis

Suskis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Seat Ibiza
Country flag
How's this look? Tires/Wheels reduced to 90% of original, top section squeezed down some so overall height is ~5'6". Six foot bald guy standing next to it for size comparison. Still has same length bed and driver's compartment. Looks like a min-CT to me. Good for road and light off-road use. Air suspension still adjustable to 50-60% of original size. Width could be a bit narrower but Two 6'6" people should still fit in front seat. I could have simply shrunk the entire car but wanted to maintain the 80" bed length and 192" overall length from my original.

I actually like this size but would prefer a second seat for people and inside carrying of stuff.

Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 7.36.33 AM.png
that looks neat to me

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag

Screen Shot 2021-08-29 at 7.26.43 PM.png
Would love if this were the $25k Tesla Musk talked about. Air suspension with up to 16" clearance...

Doubly so if it had a removable back seat.

Deleted member 12457

Would love if this were the $25k Tesla Musk talked about. Air suspension with up to 16" clearance...

Doubly so if it had a removable back seat.
My drawing is of a single front seat with the full 6.5-ft bed. No removable back seat. Three seats up front or two bucket seats with large console. Extending it upwards for 16" would make it totally unstable. Supposedly the $25K Tesla Model 2(?) would have a hatchback but my reduced size CT has the same bed with cover as full-size CT. Aerodynamics might be similar. Would be lighter so with same amount of batteries, it should get more mileage. Could easily fit my rooftop tent on it and maybe still be under the 7-ft clearance of parking garages.

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
I like two door cars and four door pickup trucks.
Our Dodge dually is a quad cab and the Boss Lady won't have a two door anything.
I won't say I wouldn't buy a CT if they only came in two door but I would think a lot more about it.

nomadmusk

First Name
Droxx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Civic to Cybertruck
Occupation
2nd infantry of Tesla's Quality Division
Country flag
If we weren't in the lambo truck territory before, we are now. Better give it scissor or falcon doors for good measure.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Very crazy!

Screen Shot 2021-09-17 at 3.32.32 PM.png
I am essentially talking about a shorter version of the Cybertruck. The wheel wells would be the same as they are now.

Also meant clearance between the ground and the bottom of the truck, not top of the wheel and the top of the wheel well.

Deleted member 12457

I am essentially talking about a shorter version of the Cybertruck. The wheel wells would be the same as they are now.

Also meant clearance between the ground and the bottom of the truck, not top of the wheel and the top of the wheel well.
Got it. Here's 16" clearance making the top of the CTstubby only 73" high. I'd go your it especially with a roof rack. I don't need to 16" clearance but at least enough to get over the stupid speed bumps with plenty of clearance. I like the shorter height and length for a 3-seater. It probably would also use smaller tires, which would necessitate longer air shocks, although having the same size tires keeps the axle higher. Having the ability to independently adjust the air shocks means I could easily level the CTstubby when using my rooftop tent. Just park and let the CT level everything. No more worrying about a flat camping area.

I hope people realize the 80" measurement is where the bed starts giving it a large, enclosed bed. I'm guessing on where the seat would end allowing some room for the retractable tonneau cover.

Tesla Cybertruck What about a Three seater? Screen Shot 2021-09-17 at 3.59.12 PM

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Got it. Here's 16" clearance making the top of the CTstubby only 73" high. I'd go your it especially with a roof rack. I don't need to 16" clearance but at least enough to get over the stupid speed bumps with plenty of clearance. I like the shorter height and length for a 3-seater. It probably would also use smaller tires, which would necessitate longer air shocks, although having the same size tires keeps the axle higher. Having the ability to independently adjust the air shocks means I could easily level the CTstubby when using my rooftop tent. Just park and let the CT level everything. No more worrying about a flat camping area.

Screen Shot 2021-09-17 at 3.59.12 PM.png
The regular CT is supposed to have up to 16 " of clearance and raise or lower 4 inches. So in this case it would go from 65" tall up to the 73" you have here. That means baseline is 12", low/ highway mode is 8" and obviously max clearance 16".

I was mostly kidding about wanting a smaller truck with so much clearance, I have a Subaru right now with 8" of clearance which handles about 90% of my off road needs.

I'm probably in-line with you in reality. Even on the Cybertruck I'd be ok with smaller tires unless it looks like crap.
Sponsored